• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery is next week. Yikes!!

My bypass surgery is next wed. I'm excited and nervous. I'm looking to go n buy my vitamins and sugar free items. Any suggestions on what is best for stage 1? Any advice is much welcomed!

Talk to your surgeon, his nurse and the dietician to see what their immediate post surgical vitamin requirements are.

My surgeon had me taking liquid Centrum twice a day for the first 2 weeks post surgical when I got home.

Starting the 3rd week after that I started taking a Proton Pump Inhibitor such as Dexliant once a day, bariatric chewable vitamins twice a day, chewable calcium twice a day, chewable elemental iron and potassium. After my 6 weeks Co q10 & fish oil to the others.

Check with your surgeon, nurse and nutritionist to make sure of their requirements.

Congratulations on your surgery and good luck. Will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how everything turned out.

TillieS

My bypass surgery is next wed. I'm excited and nervous. I'm looking to go n buy my vitamins and sugar free items. Any suggestions on what is best for stage 1? Any advice is much welcomed!

Next Wednesday is almost here!!! Just 3 more days and you will be on your way to a new and exciting life!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Keep us posted. :cool:

Cheyenne

Best wishes to you on your surgery, try not to think about what your going to eat, the hospital should supply u with a take home packet to get u through your eating stages it will be fine.

Praying all is going well and soooo excited for you. I think we all look forward to seeing your success. I joined here yesterday and my goodness has it been a blessing all around. ;)

Back