• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery on Monday---Happy New Year!!

This has been a long time coming, and I'm esctatic for Monday to get here!! Anything has to be better than this liquid diet of water and carnation instant breakfast right? lol

Does anyone have any tips/advice for me?

I had my surgery on 12/17/12 and was discharged on that Friday. The doctor had to take out my Gall Bladder as well due to the Gall stones they found on the Ultrasound. Mine was done-Lap via DaVinci. My foley was taken out the next day after surgery as I had plenty of output and my JP Drain was taken out the day of discharge. Walk, walk, walk will get rid of gas pains and you will have them as they have to put air in your stomach to give them a better view for the surgery. I had my pain pump for 1 day as it made me too nauseous. But, the tylenol they gave helped me alot with pain.
Words to live by-sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, walk and rest, rest, rest.
I am on clear liquids except for skim milk with the protein drinks -I find the regular protein powder drinks a bit too thick and sweet and so I add a bit more skim milk to it.

I will be going to my first post-op visit with my surgeon and dietician on Jan 3rd and it is then they will up my diet. Yay!
I am a little burned out on the stage 1 diet. I could pretty much mug for fat free refried beans (that is on the next diet stage) right now.
Oh, well there is a reason for the diet stages-pouchie is new, swollen and is healing.
It will definitely let you know when to stop eating something or taking in the fluid. Pouchie is a good teacher.

Congratulations on your date!!! You will start your year with a new life! You will do fine just follow the instructions of your Team, Surgeon.

Carol

Congrats on the surgery, I'll be thinking about you. What Carol said is right on. I would add that you will go through times when you get depressed and wonder what the hell you did to yourself, almost everyone on here has gone through that. Just come out here and let us know and you'll get lots of support. You are not alone, we are here for you. Good luck and let us know how it went.

:cool:

Back