• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery on the may 3rd s0 11 days pre-op

the morning of the 3rd there was no rest what so ever. I met everyone from the surgical team, i was rolled into the o.r and within minutes surgery was underway. I woke up in recovery in which i stayed 5 hours do to bleeding internaly. I couldnt drink 1 cc of liquid and keep it down. Well to make a long story short my 3 day stay in the hospital ended up being 6 days. 4 blood transfusions, a blown vein in my left arm, suchers that needed to be added to control the bleeding. A 500 lb woman getting in and out of bed without help is completely shameless! Im not here to scare any one im just telling from my experience there was a lot of pain. I am 2 weeks out pre-op and now able to concentrate on being able to build up my water in take and clear liquids. All i can say@ this point is that i thank the lord im home and able to be around children and start the healing process. My body wants to sleep i know this and alot, my doctor says it because of all the blood transfusions. Any way, if you want more need information inbox me! I would be more then willing to talk to anyone! Please keep me in ur prayers!! Thanks!

YankeeGirl-So sorry to hear about your complications. It sounds like the worst is over. I remember being totally exhausted for the first 5 or 6 weeks after surgery. Once I started eating soft foods and getting my protein in I started feeling much better. My energy at this point is near "normal". If you feel like sleeping then do so, even if it's just several naps a day. We all need to listen to our bodies after this surgery. Drink your fluids, get your protein in and REST. You will start feeling better very soon :) I'll keep you in my prayers.

I can tell you your experience to me indicates to monitor daily what is going on....if it doesnt seem right get it checked out. So very sorry to here about your experiece i believe it will work out.....but when in doubt let your medical team know. Elaine(lee0412)

I'm sorry to hear about your complications hun, but I believe the worst is over. Rest when you need to, sip sip sip, and push that protein. I will keep you in my prayers!

YankeeGirl, so sorry to hear about your complications. Glad you are home, just take it easy, one day at a time. Keeping you in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Hi Yankie Girl, I am happy to hear everything from the copmlications turned out ok, it is something we all worry about when we face a major surgery like this, it is part of that emotional rollercaoster we go through, so having a team of surgions always pays off in the end. I so glad you are doing better now, make sure and get plenty of rest, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :cool: Tom

Back