• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery planned for 4 months out

I'm so happy that your surgery is over and that you feel well enough to be up and sipping water and waiting for dinner. Taxman, you make this surgery look easy!!! :)
In some respects, it's been easy. I had a little complication with the hernia mesh being in the way, but it's otherwise been smooth. At some point I know it's going to get bad, but I will recover from that. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize!

In some respects, it's been easy. I had a little complication with the hernia mesh being in the way, but it's otherwise been smooth. At some point I know it's going to get bad, but I will recover from that. I'm keeping my eyes on the prize!

Good Morning Taxman, I love your thought, "I'm keeping my eyes on the prize". I will remember that when I have my surgery. Please have a nice day and continue your progress. BTW, what did they do about the hernia mesh being in the way? I don't have that problem but worry about having adhesions from past surgeries being in the way.

I'm home ! I'm tired and I drank too much of the protein shake this morning and it filled me up like a "bust a gut all out Thanksgiving dinner! "I guess I'll learn to watch the intake better!

For now, I'm sipping my water and trying to move around, even though I really want to sleep for 24 hours.

I'm home ! I'm tired and I drank too much of the protein shake this morning and it filled me up like a "bust a gut all out Thanksgiving dinner! "I guess I'll learn to watch the intake better!

For now, I'm sipping my water and trying to move around, even though I really want to sleep for 24 hours.
Awesome, glad to hear you're home. Get some good rest in between drinks. :)

Something I'm beginning to notice, right now breakfast lasts about an hour and bleeds right into mid morning snack. A few minutes later, lunch lasts until the afternoon snack and so on. In order to get the protein shake and water in, I'm drinking non-stop all day! I hope this gets better soon

Something I'm beginning to notice, right now breakfast lasts about an hour and bleeds right into mid morning snack. A few minutes later, lunch lasts until the afternoon snack and so on. In order to get the protein shake and water in, I'm drinking non-stop all day! I hope this gets better soon
Wow you get snacks already ? I’m still drinking the 3 protein shakes a day and water .Today I thought I was gonna barf after the last one. Can’t wait for next Wednesday to see my Surgeon again so I can maybe have something else.I still think I’m drinking to much at a time.

Back