• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery postponed :(

Dreamz64

Well, my surgery was suppose to be last Tuesday the 16th, but when I went to the scope lab they couldnt get me under enough to do the procedure, so they sent me home and said they would have to reschedule it for another time under GA. After waiting a week and not hearing anything, I called them and apparently the girls in the office never put the Drs vacation in the book / on the schedule and he had no time to do my scope prior to my surgery due to the 4th of July holiday and then his vacation. Soooo now I (as well as a few others) got put at the end of the schedule and my surgery is not until September 10th. Hmmmpppffff. My scope is scheduled for the middle of August, so that will be done in time, but the additional 2 month wait has given me so many mixed emotions and I am once again going through the "should I's? and "shouldn't I's".

Its just so frustrating as I was on day 8 of my 2 week semi liquid diet and I was ready to go! I am still trying to keep up with the eating habits that I have already changed, and I am still going to the Gym 3-5 times a week, but it now feels like a "chore" to do these things. I know they will benefit me in the long run, but I cant help but think that by the time my NEW surgery date comes around, I should have already have lost 30 or more pounds had I had the surgery on July 16th.

Thanks so much for listening to me ramble...I know it will be here before I know it since summer seems to go by so fast, but its still discouraging!!
Kelly

Oh wow, I know you are disappointed. I am someone that believes things happen for a reason...perhaps to allow your liver more time to be light as a feather to be able to have done lap? Hang in there, you will blink and the time will have passed by! Pre-op diet more than 2 weeks seems rough to me. I am trying to get my mind psyched up for it since I will be on it at least 6 weeks. :)

I am so sorry to hear about this setback. We were to be Kellys that set this blog on fire together. I did have my surgery on the 16th as planned but there were a couple of issues so I have extra recovery and pain added into my recovery time. I cannot believe there is someone else out there that this kind of stuff happens to...I thought that was a special set aside just for me. I truly hope you don't have to wait until Sept 10th...Bug them and see if there is a way to squeeze you in or something. Seriously! Take care!!

I hate to hear this and wish there was something that could be said to settle your nerves. I cannot imagine how you feel but I do wish you well in your journey. Stay with the program and it will happen eventually and if you work the pre-op diet you may lose those 30 lbs before surgery. I worked hard just to prove to myself that I could and lost almost 60 presurgery.

Good luck and if you need to vent please do so as I am sure everyone here understands your frustrations.

Thank you so much for all of your support. I have just been laying low and doing my "thing" , and YES, that includes eating a few things that I shouldn't be! But I have not stopped using my treadmill 3-5 days per week and can proudly say that I can walk longer, faster and more often then when I first started a few months ago and I actually enjoy it. I have to admit that I am really shocked at what a snit having my surgery postponed put me in, But I am now back on track now and ready for my surgery one month from today! My scope is on the 21st so that leaves me plenty of time for "just in case moments" ;)

Back