• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Scheduled March 5th!

Tina

Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found this sight and I'm hoping to get some help and help others. My journey actually started several years ago when my daughter had the RNY and she has done so great! I've tried every diet at least once and I'm not even sure how many time I've been a weight watchers member! However, last year a good friend/co-worker had the sleeve done and she has had amazing results and instead of being jealous and envious of her, I decided to make her my coach and off I went to a bariatric seminar in September 2012. I made some decisions and changed and got my family on board, have gone thru every clearance known to man (and my doctor!) and here I am today. I am on the presurgery diet, I've lost 19 lbs since February 6 and am scheduled for my surgery March 5! Just a couple of days. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous and I'm not, I'm just excited. I've put a lot of time, money, effort, and research and I feel strongly I was led to make this decision. When every door was shut, miraculously another was opened. I feel strongly if something is meant to be, it is and I feel this way about this surgery. I have totally bought in to everything I need to do, and honestly I'm usually the strongest skeptic in the crowd! So I hope I make some life long friends and look forward to all the support I can give and get as we all take this journey!

Congratulations on your date. WLS is a life long journey and it is a rollercoaster ride for the first couple of months as your body heals and adjusts to the new you. With your attitude, I have no doubt you're going to be a big LOSER this year. Any time you need to rant, rave, blow off steam, have a question or just want to say hi, drop in. We're here for each other and I haven't met a less judgmental group of people.

Frank

:cool:

Surgery was the 5th, today is 7th and I believe I'm doing great. I haven't had to take any pain medication, but used the phenergan for the nausea a couple of times today. I also had to have a hernia repair, but I guess when your really fat there's no no way to tell if you have hernia! Got to the hospital around 7am, rolled me back around 9:30 and woke me up around 11 or so (I think! LOL). I've got some major bruising, but other than that and it's feels like I've done a gazillion set ups. Planning to take this week off work, maybe next, have my post op diet f/u in 2 weeks, and my surgeon visit in 6. So here I am consuming popsickles, jello and lots of water. Thanks for checking on me and all the encouraging words. See you in few. P.S. if any of you have some advise, I'm all ears! Take care!

Best of luck to you....You are already doing well...good girl!....I had my surgery on Feb 12, 2013...and it was not fun, and I was a bad patient...I thought they would be kicking me out of the hospital, and I ended up staying an extra night....but it has been 1 month and I am down 12 pounds...don't know if that is good or not because I don't have much support....I am the 1 percent girl....I feel 1 percent better each and every day...so I am expecting to feel 100% in 99 days.....LOL....ope you can reply sometime....again, congratulations, just keep plugging away...it gets better each day!.....

Hi everyone, thanks for the kind words. @Rin, that post cracked me up about you being a bad patient. I went to support last night and another March 5 surgery was there. I felt I should have apologized to him, because I was dry heaving so bad in the hospital, that I'm sure I was waking the dead! Anyway, after a few different meds, the doc found one that worked and I haven't dry heaved since! I have broken out in hives, but I also did this after I had knee surgery, and never thought anything about it, so my PCP ordered me some cream for it today. It really is the only thing about this surgery that is bothering me. I do have a couple of questions. One, were you bruised. I have unbelievable bruising and I'm imaging its from the pre and post op blood thinners and why does my left shoulder hurt? Other that, this girl is doing fine! Keep in touch!

Back