• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Surgery Soon!!

AndreaK

I'm so excited!! I saw my surgeon today and he says my surgery will be at the end of October. Not sure of the date but still really exciting for me. I have been working for months to get to this point. So many tests and paperwork!! He explained the diet I will be on for two weeks before surgery and it doesn't seem so bad. 2 shakes and a small meal for dinner. Have to shrink my liver. But at this point I will do anything to get to that surgery date and beyond!! I know it won't be easy but I'm in it for the long haul!! Any suggestions of good sources of protein? Besides meat? Whey protein drinks?

I can't wait until I can eat yogurt again. Greek yogurt especially has a lot of protein. Tuna and salmon are also good sources of protein. Most people have trouble with 'dense' meats like steak and chicken and pork. I also have a long list of food allergies, so eggs and nuts, which are great sources of protein are not in my meal plan.

I love vanilla whey protein shakes with a little bit of rasberry Crystal Light in it. Very tasty!

Is that a brand name? Haven't heard of it
Thanks for your reply.[/QUOTE

Yes, Crystal Light comes in sugar-free Powder ( 10 packets) per box to add to bottle water or to a protein shake or whatever. It comes in many flavors but rasberry is my favorite not to be confused with rasberry lemonade. They also have liquid Crystal Light available too. It comes in a small plastic container and just drip drops into your liquid. You can look it up on Amazon on the internet or you can Google it. Most grocery stores or Walmart carry it.

The Whey proteins are the best, Premium and Airbonne are some of my favorites. Stick to name brands and avoid Collagen sources. You will do fine.

Is that a brand name? Haven't heard of it
Thanks for your reply.[/QUOTE

Yes, Crystal Light comes in sugar-free Powder ( 10 packets) per box to add to bottle water or to a protein shake or whatever. It comes in many flavors but rasberry is my favorite not to be confused with rasberry lemonade. They also have liquid Crystal Light available too. It comes in a small plastic container and just drip drops into your liquid. You can look it up on Amazon on the internet or you can Google it. Most grocery stores or Walmart carry it.

I'm new and I think I didn't get my comment in the right place. I was asking CALQL84Health what "unjury" protein was in her/his earlier post. Maybe it was just a misspell.
Thanks for your reply on the Crystal Light. I have used that but not in protein drinks. I have some in my cupboard and might try it in the morning...
Thanks for the information.

Unjury is a brand name. they make a great flavorless powder, so today I'm going to make some protein-rich jello and broth that I can eat after my surgery on Wednesday. There are recipes on unjury.com

Back