• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

the gastic sleave

i am getting the sleave not the bypass. is there anyone out there that has had it done and dose it work as well as the bypass? i weigh 316 and i hope to get to 160 just wondering if i can do it. im starting to get nevice :confused:

I had the RNY because my insurance wouldn't pay for the sleeve. In my research RNY had the fastest early weight loss, then sleeve and finally lapband. All three will get you where you want to go, but you have to work the program given to you. You can get to 160, just don't give up and always get back up after a misstep.

Frank

I wanted the bypass but had some issues with my anatomy so it wasn't the best. Had the sleeve and have not looked back. Remember it is a tool. We will all have to watch what we eat for the rest of our lives, but it is a good tool. I think sleeve patients may not loose as fast after the first couple of months but there are a lot of very successful sleeve patients out there. Focus on changing your live style and your attitude about food and yourself, and remember it is a life long journey. I am just thankful this tool was available to us. Keep up posted.

hi,
i'm wanting the sleeve to, just waiting on the insurance to approve it, but if they don't then i will have the bypass... either way im in this for the long haul and i know it will be worth it,... good luck to you on your journey, i'll be rooting for ya :) terri

I am looking into getting the sleeve but I haven't made my decision yet. Luckily my insurance will cover it or bypass. Wishing you lots of luck!

Back