• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

The Importance of Documentation for 6 Month Weight Loss Attempts

For all of those out there with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (this may pertain to any BCBS period), I would like to say that it is VERY important that you keep up with the consecutive six months of weight loss attempts with your doctor. I had a mishap that occurred in January that caused me to start the process almost completely over. My fourth month check-in with my PCP was January 25th, but due to unforeseen issues, I had to reschedule. Now unbeknown to me, I assumed that I could reschedule my appointment and it would not cause a problem. Well, the rescheduled date was February 5th and that was unacceptable to include within the 6 month dieting documentation and I didn't find that out until my last doctor's visit (the 6th appointment). When my doctor's office faxed over my documentations, the bariatric office contacted me to let me now that I had to complete 4 more months due to the rescheduling that happened in January/February. Since this has happened, I had two consecutive appointments already completed, and my third appointment (which was today) with my PCP just was completed, and I have three more to go. So, my 6 month process just turned into 10 month process, all because of rescheduling dates. Just a reminder to all that if you have to reschedule any doctors visits, make sure that it is reschedule within the current month.

Hi Prettygirl921, It's the same for Tricare Prime. The worst part is they added it to the requirements half through all my appointments. Stick with it, it is worth the wait and the hoops you have to jump through.

Frank

:cool:

Back