• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Things to be grateful for

Kim M

I had a great day yesterday. I was able to spend the day with my kids and grandchildren. The amazing part is that it was a very physically active day. I first went to my grandson's soccer game, he is 6. I was then able to join them in going apple picking. I was not able to do this last year before my surgery. I have lost 48 pounds since my surgery which is coming up on 4 months this week. I also lost about 8 pounds before surgery, don't know why. A total of 56 pounds. Despite my bad knees and back I did it. This is why I had the surgery. I was missing out on life's joy. I am looking forward to the cooler fall weather so I can enjoy some exercise outside. Just wanted to share some postive news. I guess with the passing of my sister in law recently I was again reminded of how precious life is. I don't want to be on the outside looking in. Wishing everyone Happy Fall.

Hi Kim. That is so wonderfulk to hear:D you are doing great and now reaping the benifits, there should be even more active days to come. Keep it up. :cool: Tom

Hello Kim: I too have had the gastric sleeve,and so far I have lost 35 pounds. I totally agree with your post,very true words. Keep on keepin on Kim. Have a great day.

Back