• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Too good to be true

I went to my consultation and had all my required apts, then left thinking it would be like 4-6 weeks till I heard back from insurance and what not. Well today only two days after my consult and apts, my surgeons Rn called and said that since its so close to the end of the year they are in close contact with insurance and that I should prepare for surgery on Dec 5th-even though insurance hasn't approved it yet. My Rn said that she will take care of insurance for me. I am trusting that since they have gone through this process a hundred plus times they know what they are talking about with insurance. I am trying to be positive since they already had me schedule my pre-op apt and I start my pre-op diet on the 21st, but having had let downs before I still feel a little doubtful this is all really going to happen. So I am really happy to be getting this done so soon but it won't feel real until I go into that surgery room.

I know the feeling. I have been working on everything since the beginning of May and now that its around the corner it seems like a dream. Just be prepared for surgery even though it would SUCK if they got you all hyped up and then insurance denied but then again if they do approve you are ready to go!!

it can happen! I was approved and scheduled within a couple of weeks. I was scared that something would change and the surgery would be put off but it happened and I so grateful for the effects it has had on my life.

I went to my consultation and had all my required apts, then left thinking it would be like 4-6 weeks till I heard back from insurance and what not. Well today only two days after my consult and apts, my surgeons Rn called and said that since its so close to the end of the year they are in close contact with insurance and that I should prepare for surgery on Dec 5th-even though insurance hasn't approved it yet. My Rn said that she will take care of insurance for me. I am trusting that since they have gone through this process a hundred plus times they know what they are talking about with insurance. I am trying to be positive since they already had me schedule my pre-op apt and I start my pre-op diet on the 21st, but having had let downs before I still feel a little doubtful this is all really going to happen. So I am really happy to be getting this done so soon but it won't feel real until I go into that surgery room.

Congrats hopefully all will go as planned for the 5th of Dec. Stay positive, I know that there are nerves and worrying about the insurance shouldn't have to be a worry. I would just move forward like all is in place for the special day. Keep us posted.

Back