• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

turkey chili

pjb

I made this for dinner for my husband and since i am only 3 weeks out from rny i pureed some for me and it was still delicious. I didnt figure the protein per portion since that would be too difficult!

small onion
1# ground turkey breast
1 can black beans
1 can of corn
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of petite diced tomatos
1 pkg of spicy taco seasoning (1.25oz)
1 pkg of dry ranch dressing mix (1.0 oz)

chop and saute onion in 1-2 tb of oil until starts to brown.
add the turkey and cook 5 min breaking up the turkey along the way
add the rest of the ingredients. INCLUDE ALL THE LIQUID IN THE CANNED PRODUCTS. stir and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for approx 20 min.

Sounds good pjb. I'll plan on making it as soon as I can get to the store to pick up the ranch dressing mix. I just love chili and find it to be one of the few higher protein things I can eat without feeling uncomfortable.

In case you ever want to find out the protein and other nutritional information on a recipe just go to myfitnesspal.com and you will find a tab to enter a recipe and it automatically calculates the nutritional information for you. It's real easy to use but just a little time consuming. You can save all of your recipes and go back to them anytime you need to :) :) :)

I have used the recipe tool on all of the dishes my husband has cooked in the last 2 weeks. It's wonderful and so easy to use.

Back