• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unexpected post-op problems?

I am really glad no one answered, must mean NO they have not had unexpected problems. Those on here emphasize to swallow little bits at first of fluids, and when gratuated to food, chew and chew some more before swallowing. eat less than you think you can and DO NOT DRINK FOR AT LEAST 30 MIN AFTER EATING and do not drink within 30 min of eating before either. You are getting your surgery on Nov 27 so real soon this will be behind you and you will be telling us how it want and advice on how to do stuff. I go about a week after you so on the same wavelength with same surgery.

Just the overwelming desire to drink alcohole and losing the ability to stop drinking:( I am doing better now though :cool: Tom

It's ABout Time
I am gonna be honest with you, I feel I wasn't told about different things to expect or if I was, I was so hiped up and anxious for the surgery that I didnt' listen.
I didn't realize how nauseau I could be at times, how the smell of food would bother me and how my taste buds would change, but thankfuly now at 8 weeks out it is getting better.It is still an issue with having to accept the small amount of food my body can have now, mind or matter, and to constantly tell myself stay away from carbs. there is a great site that has been very helpful to be, worldaccordingtoeggfaceace.com she had the surgery and went from a size 28 to a 6 and has awesome receipes and ideas and pics, love that site and has archives of information.By Christmas you'll be way on your road to a NEW you,
I have had my days when I've said" why did you do this to yourself, but now that some pounds are gone and some clothes are too big reality has hit and I am glad a new me is being birthed daily. one bite at a time
and when they say walk at hospital and at home, trust me they are telling you that for your own good for it really does help with the healing process.
Donna

Bigtallsis, thanks for responding! We were required to attend a class to teach us what to expect. That was very informative and helpful.
I hate to hear you are still craving carbs. It's hard to accept the small amount of food even though it makes you full? Just asking...
Yeah, I know I'll be doing a lot of walking. That's important to get your bowels moving again, and to prevent blood clots, and then of course as good exercise in general.
What kind of exercise are you doing now? Are you able to get your 64 oz. of water in everyday?

The website Bigtallsis mentioned is missing some infor should be worldaccordingtoeggfaceace.blogspot.com GREAT website for recipes for sure.

Back