• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Unjury

Tokash

anybody use this protein powder? This is what my nutrtionist recommended this morning to try as a replacement since I can no longer do the shakes.

I also did an official 1 month weigh in today since I had to for the dietician. Turns out my hunger burst was a weight drop! Official 1 month post is 16lb for a total of 30 down.

Was given the ok to add in cooked veggies, fruit, moist meat, whole wheat crackers, eggs, cheese and much more food just watching tolerance.

One of my pre-op options was Unjury and I really disliked the shakes and bars, but the chicken "soup" is good. Based on my overwhelming dislike for the shakes, I'm thinking I'll be boycotting all Unjury. I went the Bariatric Advantage as it isn't horrible. I'm on day 3 of pre-op diet, so far so good.

I have not tried Unjury since my original start on the journey 7 years ago... I hope that they have improved, but at that time, the flavor in their products was so horrible that I could not stomach it. I generally use various unflavored collagen powders to bolster protein. Doesn't mix as well with sweet flavors, but it is good for more savory recipes.

El, can you say more about that? What brand, where do you buy it, what does it cost, how much do you add, does it alter the texture, tast, liquidity? I'm really interested in seeing if I can incorporate this in a recipe.

I received it in the mail. I bought the unflavored type now I just have to figure out what to mix it with. I only really drink water these days with an occasional warm treat of chai tea or a cappuccino.

Back