• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Vaccine

I am so sorry and I hope you feel better soon. It should take about 48 hours. I did have a slight headache and sore muscles around the neck area. You mention low energy I now look back at me having that same feeling when I took 3 flights of stairs that I usually had no problem with and I had done the stairs every day! But it don’t affect me now. Please keep us informed over the new few days. Rest assured that if you did not have any issues in the first 30 minutes you probably will be fine. Thanks for sharing.

I am not worried about any severe issues. Just sharing my experience. This round side effect wise is the same as the first just with the added exhaustion. First round I had a headache/nausea for a day and a half. I am used to functioning through headaches as I am a chronic migraine sufferer and its not uncommon for me to end up in the er a couple times a year for IVs. I can do telehealtg work just fine with a headache. But can't do in person as my headaches throw of my balance and perception. I opted to not work today simply due to the exhaustion. I have a very mentally draining job and often work 10 hour days.

I am not worried about any severe issues. Just sharing my experience. This round side effect wise is the same as the first just with the added exhaustion. First round I had a headache/nausea for a day and a half. I am used to functioning through headaches as I am a chronic migraine sufferer and its not uncommon for me to end up in the er a couple times a year for IVs. I can do telehealtg work just fine with a headache. But can't do in person as my headaches throw of my balance and perception. I opted to not work today simply due to the exhaustion. I have a very mentally draining job and often work 10 hour days.
Glad you are positive. Sometimes our jobs can be draining. I can relate to you on that. I have to work from 7-7 on Friday and Saturday to catch people up thats overdue for their second vaccine. I am wondering how I will handle those long hours?

Glad you are positive. Sometimes our jobs can be draining. I can relate to you on that. I have to work from 7-7 on Friday and Saturday to catch people up thats overdue for their second vaccine. I am wondering how I will handle those long hours?
That's a LOT of hours but THANK YOU! I will feel MUCH better once my mother & MIL are fully vaccinated. And I know not everyone is able or willing to put in 12 hour days.

I work in an office with 3 other people, and the last of us just got her second shot on Friday. Of all of us (aged 65, 53, 43 and 22), only the 22 year old had any type of negative reaction- she said she had Covid-like symptoms this past weekend, including the loss of taste and smell. As the second oldest in the office I thought that was kind of funny, although she did not share in my humor :D

I work in an office with 3 other people, and the last of us just got her second shot on Friday. Of all of us (aged 65, 53, 43 and 22), only the 22 year old had any type of negative reaction- she said she had Covid-like symptoms this past weekend, including the loss of taste and smell. As the second oldest in the office I thought that was kind of funny, although she did not share in my humor :D
I had heard that the younger you are you can actually feel the effects of the vaccine more. That's a plus for us older folks! :)

Had my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. At first I thought all was good because my arm was not as sore as the 1st time, but once I went to bed I woke up about an hour later with fever, chills, severe headache, nausea and body aches pretty much like how Ryan described his 2nd Moderna shot. And then this afternoon got the dry heaves because as there was nothing in my stomach to throw up. My husband on the other hand just has a sore arm and some fatigue. But all in all, I would rather have those side effects than get Covid. I thought about all those poor people who didn't have the chance at a vaccine and suffered.

Had my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine yesterday. At first I thought all was good because my arm was not as sore as the 1st time, but once I went to bed I woke up about an hour later with fever, chills, severe headache, nausea and body aches
I was scared to death after reading this, Judy, and almost skipped my appt for the second dose this morning.

And I'll probably jinx myself by writing this, but its been four hours since i got the shot, but I'm having zero reaction to it. My body feels completely normal.

I was scared to death after reading this, Judy, and almost skipped my appt for the second dose this morning.

And I'll probably jinx myself by writing this, but its been four hours since i got the shot, but I'm having zero reaction to it. My body feels completely normal.

If your going to have any side effects they will likely show up overnight/tomorrow. It seems with everybody I know it took 12-24hrs for anything to show and they usually were gone after 24 later.

You might not get any Diane. Which one did you have? Moderna seems to cause more side effects than Pfizer from what I hear. I feel great today, so if feeling ill for one day is what I have to have happen, then it is worth it for the protection from Covid. Plus I lost more weight after not eating much yesterday!! Please let us know how you are doing tomorrow Diane, I hope all goes well.

And by the way, I didn't want to scare anyone away from getting the vaccine so sorry if you almost didn't go for your 2nd shot Diane. I just think people should be prepared that it could happen. So if you are working, let your employer know you may need to take the next day off or if you cook for a family plan something easy for the next day.

And by the way, I didn't want to scare anyone away from getting the vaccine so sorry if you almost didn't go for your 2nd shot Diane. I just think people should be prepared that it could happen. So if you are working, let your employer know you may need to take the next day off or if you cook for a family plan something easy for the next day.
No, no, I was going crazy many weeks ago, trying to figure out what the side effects might be like and NO one was sharing details. Everyone said stuff like, "My mate got really sick for a day or two" but I wanted to know how "very sick" was literally defined.

I had gotten a flu shot from my doctor 2 months ago which I usually don't because I usually have a strong reaction to. But I didn't notice a thing except I've been feeling great all winter, and that NEVER happens.

Considering all the devastation from COVID and the rush to develop vaccines, and being a few months shy of 70, I just wondered how long my luck would hold out.

After I got vax today, the tech said I should sit down for 15 minutes. No way was I going to sit in one of those nasty folding chairs where hundreds of others in all stages of health had been before me. I tried to sit a while in my car but i had two errands to run and only live 5 minutes away.

I figured my best shot was trying to get home in case i did have a strong reaction. So I just drove and enjoyed the warm sun and small talk on my errands until I accomplished that.

I still haven't had any reaction, just a sore arm. I'm all prepared with stuff to preoccupy me in my soft little bed in case I get ambushed in the next 24 hours.

In retrospect, I did have a stronger bodily response to the first dose.

Bottom line, everyone is going to have a unique experience. But just in case, I'm grateful for stories like you shared. I had a sense of security in knowing I was prepared for those things i read.

Everyone, COVID is spreading like a plague. I think we should all be doing what we can to contain it.o_O!!!!

I agree 100%!

"Some peple have no side effects."

I received my first vaccine shot yesterday, Moderna. So far, no side effects.

I have had several friends die from COVID because they politicized this issue. I’m relieved to have the first shot and can’t wait to have the second shot behind me.

I’m ready for the new normal and am relieved to be able to have this behind me before surgery in May.

I’m quite sure the only reason I received my shot this early is because a significant number of people in our area are choosing not to get vaccinated.

J

No, no, I was going crazy many weeks ago, trying to figure out what the side effects might be like and NO one was sharing details. Everyone said stuff like, "My mate got really sick for a day or two" but I wanted to know how "very sick" was literally defined.

I had gotten a flu shot from my doctor 2 months ago which I usually don't because I usually have a strong reaction to. But I didn't notice a thing except I've been feeling great all winter, and that NEVER happens.

Considering all the devastation from COVID and the rush to develop vaccines, and being a few months shy of 70, I just wondered how long my luck would hold out.

After I got vax today, the tech said I should sit down for 15 minutes. No way was I going to sit in one of those nasty folding chairs where hundreds of others in all stages of health had been before me. I tried to sit a while in my car but i had two errands to run and only live 5 minutes away.

I figured my best shot was trying to get home in case i did have a strong reaction. So I just drove and enjoyed the warm sun and small talk on my errands until I accomplished that.

I still haven't had any reaction, just a sore arm. I'm all prepared with stuff to preoccupy me in my soft little bed in case I get ambushed in the next 24 hours.

In retrospect, I did have a stronger bodily response to the first dose.

Bottom line, everyone is going to have a unique experience. But just in case, I'm grateful for stories like you shared. I had a sense of security in knowing I was prepared for those things i read.

Everyone, COVID is spreading like a plague. I think we should all be doing what we can to contain it.o_O!!!!
The location I got my shots at wiped down the table and chair with antibacterial between each person. The point of waiting 15 is so if a person has a major reaction there are medical personal right there.

I received my first vaccine shot yesterday, Moderna. So far, no side effects.

I have had several friends die from COVID because they politicized this issue. I’m relieved to have the first shot and can’t wait to have the second shot behind me.

I also had the Moderna vax. To offer an update on my reaction following #2 yesterday, my arm hurts badly. I woke up several times from fitful sleep because my weight was on it. After a nocturnal trip to the Necessary Room, I had a pointed, centered pain in my belly and could feel it getting bigger. I was back in bed quickly and asleep before it got any worse.

Aside from that, nothing. I'm going about my day normally but my left arm would prefer it if I'd let it rest today.

I was fully expecting a debilitating reaction, but all's well. Just shows to go ya.

I also had the Moderna vax. To offer an update on my reaction following #2 yesterday, my arm hurts badly. I woke up several times from fitful sleep because my weight was on it. After a nocturnal trip to the Necessary Room, I had a pointed, centered pain in my belly and could feel it getting bigger. I was back in bed quickly and asleep before it got any worse.

Aside from that, nothing. I'm going about my day normally but my left arm would prefer it if I'd let it rest today.

I was fully expecting a debilitating reaction, but all's well. Just shows to go ya.
Great! I'm glad it didn't get worse for you Diane! Now aren't you glad you got this behind you? I know I am!

i Am concerned about long term effects of the covid vaccine itself. My best friend has been vaccinated and got sick for longer than 48 hours. Mostly it was like getting a cold With a cough And fever. I am not real happy about the two shot vaccine and will most likely wait for the one shot. Being in the va health care at under 65 I am still not eligible For the vaccine. so I must wait.

I’m glad that you came through with/out any of the real nasty side effect some people are experiencing!! I will be happy if I escape the 2nd shot with minimal side effects.

Back