• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Very frustrated, haven't lost a single ounces in 3 weeks

Don't have high blood pressure actually have low blood pressure an it keeps going lower as I lose. I also drink 64 or more ounces a day. But thanks for the suggestion. This can be so frustrating. I'm think low iron but guess I will find out on the 9th an make sure when I go to stand or take showers I got something to hold on too.

You misunderstand we are saying you have low blood pressure. Most of us take high blood pressure meds because of our weight but after surgery the need for these medicines decreases and we go too low and require an adjustment. We are saying that your blood pressure is going too low maybe causing you difficulties.

The three most common reasons for dizziness are dehydration, anemia, and low blood pressure. It could even be a little of all three. 64oz. is your minimum required fluid intake, and is generally not enough if you are working out regularly. Anemia is also a problem for WLS patients. Only your labs will be able to tell you that...make sure you are eating a balanced diet, and taking your vitamins.

Back