• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waiting!!!

Everything went well. Waiting for them to come get me from X-ray to make sure there are no leaks then can have something to drink. I have never been so thirsty!!!

Everything went well. Waiting for them to come get me from X-ray to make sure there are no leaks then can have something to drink. I have never been so thirsty!!!

Yay. leak detector time, :).....

The contrast they gave me was not to bad, just a tad bitter but it was well worth it....

Smile BIG when they check you pouch!!!!!

Glad you are doing well..... ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Made it home a few hours ago, got a shower, and compression hose on. The only problem I am having is acid reflux!!!! Anyone else have this issue and what helps?

Made it home a few hours ago, got a shower, and compression hose on. The only problem I am having is acid reflux!!!! Anyone else have this issue and what helps?

Did your surgeon give you probiotics? That is what is supposed to keep your acid in check. I was on it for 3 months.

Hope your acid reflux is doing better I had the bypass but my docter prescribed- protonix the generic is ( pantoprazole sod dr 40m). Its a very small pill that prevents ulcer and helps the stomach return to normal. They gave it to me twice a day through iv in the hospital. Now I am supposed to take it once a day 30 minutes before my first meal. Maybe something that could help?

That is what they gave me in the hospital. The Pepcid is starting to work. I am not having as many problems this morning.

Glad surgery went well. Happy that everything is going well for you and the acid is getting under control.

Back