• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Waiting!!!

I wasn't allowed to have anything to drink until after 7:00am on day two. I was given some mouth swaps. Just didn't do the trick. Welcome to the world of Post Op.

I wasn't allowed to have anything to drink until after 7:00am on day two. I was given some mouth swaps. Just didn't do the trick. Welcome to the world of Post Op.

They gave me those damn mouth sponge . swabs after surgery when I was settled in my room... I don't know why. In the recovery room they were giving me ice chips with my surgeon standing there.
LOL, swab my mouth, my hiney, LOL. They weren't wet enough to moisten the glue on an envelope. LOL

I sucked those swabs dry I was so parched. Once they brought my tray in the morning with my liquids and proteins I was in heaven.

I set my desk in the hospital up as a hydration station. I had my water pitcher, Ice pitcher, tea cups, Power Ade Zero's, tea bags, broths, fresh cups, and bottles of crystal light all set up...
If I wasn't walking, I was drinking as well as drinking while I was on the computer.

When I came out of my surgery, I had my IV in so they said I didn't need to drink anything. They tried to tell me I couldn't have ice chips too but I nagged and nagged every nurse and nurses aid that came in the room til one of them called the doctor and I got my ice chips. :)

Back