• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Water Comsumption

BarbG

I'm having a hard time finding the time and room to drink 64 oz. each day. With the 1 1/2 to 2 liquid-free periods around meals and other preoccupations, I'm lucky to end the days having drunk 32 oz.! I always thought of myself as a big water drinker before, but this reduced stomach has really crimped my style. Anyone have any insights or tricks to share?

Barb-Welcome to the forum. You should be counting your protein drinks, Jello and popsicles towards your fluid intake (in case you weren't aware). Just keep a drink with you at all times and sip it throughout the day. It gets easier after a few more weeks. The last thing you want to do is become dehydrated so please try to get more fluids into your system.

Thanks, Pat. Didn't know to count that other stuff, so now I feel better. Still not getting enough fluids, but at least I'm closer to what I need. Glad to know it will get easier. :)

Back