• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

weightloss - low blood sugar

crystaljo

Hi , my name is crystaljo. I have been having low bloodsugar. I noticed if my body dosent get enough nutrition my hands start to shake. Is anybody else havin these symptoms? It's very scary when this happens to me. I was just wondering if this a normal side effect?

Crystaljo-Welcome to the forum. Are you still visiting your surgeon for follow ups? If not you should make an appointment to check out the low blood sugar issue. All sorts of things can happen to you if your blood sugar drops too low, including passing out. This can be a serious matter and needs to be addressed by a doctor. Please let us know how things work out for you.

hi my name tiffany and yes i have had this problem for years now and found out just 2months ago i have to have 80grams of protein a day and protein is the best way to stop an atack i know what you mean scary i have 2 young children and my sugar droped to 43 thought i was gonna die ! so i now drink protine shakes daily at least one 1 st thing in the moring it really has helped body fortress whey protein from wal-mart my doctor told me to start doing this,i hope this helps you happy easter!!

I too have low bloodsugar. I am drinking protein when I have symptoms I have also found they prevent problems also. The Dr's office said they see it the most in people that did not have diabetes before their surgery, which was me.

i did not have diabetes before the surgery, if you get the protein early, i do a shake 1 st thing in the morning or fage yogurt , i found in doing that i have had less drops which is great because when it drops it really recks the rest of my day and you never know when one drop might take your life! i read a storie on a girl who was home alone hers dropped she passed out on the kitchen floor and by time someone came home she died so please don't wait till it comes on get your protein in :)

Back