• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Well another major milestone...

dancinbr

I am under 220 right now at 219.2 and dropping.

I am so happy I made the decision to go with bariatric surgery. It has changed my life.

Yes, I am still on the honeymoon. I am enjoying getting into smaller sizes and finding new energy and feeling good about myself. I am only 19.2 pounds away from going under 200; my goal. Where it goes from there the body will decide; I suspect somewhere between 180 to 190 is where I will settle into toward mid or end of summer 2014.

Do I want to be lighter? I don't know. I want to be healthier and fit.

I have come a long way in just 4 1/2 months.

Ralph

I am under 220 right now at 219.2 and dropping.

I am so happy I made the decision to go with bariatric surgery. It has changed my life.

Yes, I am still on the honeymoon. I am enjoying getting into smaller sizes and finding new energy and feeling good about myself. I am only 19.2 pounds away from going under 200; my goal. Where it goes from there the body will decide; I suspect somewhere between 180 to 190 is where I will settle into toward mid or end of summer 2014.

Do I want to be lighter? I don't know. I want to be healthier and fit.

I have come a long way in just 4 1/2 months.

Ralph

You're doing Awesome Ralph!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 19 pounds from goal is fabulous!!!!

My weight loss has really slowed down. I was eating about 300 calories a day trying to drop my weight for the last several weeks. Couldn't budge the scale much at all. So now I added a couple tangerines and one banana for the last couple days and I dropped 2 pounds so maybe I was eating too little. I don't know..

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!! :)

Cheyenne. :cool:

You're doing Awesome Ralph!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! 19 pounds from goal is fabulous!!!!

My weight loss has really slowed down. I was eating about 300 calories a day trying to drop my weight for the last several weeks. Couldn't budge the scale much at all. So now I added a couple tangerines and one banana for the last couple days and I dropped 2 pounds so maybe I was eating too little. I don't know..

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!! :)

Cheyenne. :cool:

Cheyenne,

You must not go below 800 calories. The body reacts to starvation under this number and literally stops all weight loss and holds on to everything that it can for a period of time.

Good that you added some more calories.

Don't worry the weight will come off.

Look at you down 104 pounds! Just think about that for a moment. Even if you only lose 3-5 pounds per month now, it will be fine.

I see my weight loss slowing down too.

It is ok.

The last time I saw 219 was 1990 or so.

Ralph

Cheyenne

You must not go below 800 calories. The body reacts to starvation under this number and literally stops all weight loss and holds on to everything that it can for a period of time.

Good that you added some more calories.

Don't worry the weight will come off.

Look at you down 104 pounds! Just think about that for a moment. Even if you only lose 3-5 pounds per month now, it will be fine.

I see my weight loss slowing down too.

It is ok.

The last time I saw 219 was 1990 or so.

Ralph

I know your right Ralph.. I just wanted to drop some more weight fast. I started slowing down at Christmas and I didn't overeat or cheat at all. I keep hoping I'll see faster results like I had in the past. Oh well, like you said, I'm 104 lb lighter since surgery and 138 lb lighter than I was pre-op, so that ain't bad!

Cheyenne

I know your right Ralph.. I just wanted to drop some more weight fast. I started slowing down at Christmas and I didn't overeat or cheat at all. I keep hoping I'll see faster results like I had in the past. Oh well, like you said, I'm 104 lb lighter since surgery and 138 lb lighter than I was pre-op, so that ain't bad!

Cheyenne

No that ain't bad at all.

In fact, that is terrific.

:)

Ralph

Great job Ralph! You give me hope. Im glad your doing great, it's been a while since I've talked to anyone but things are good. I have lost 70 lbs so far but it seems to have stopped for the last 2 weeks very very slow weight loss I'm sure ill stat losing again soon. We'll keep it up Ralph take care. James.

Great job Ralph! You give me hope. Im glad your doing great, it's been a while since I've talked to anyone but things are good. I have lost 70 lbs so far but it seems to have stopped for the last 2 weeks very very slow weight loss I'm sure ill stat losing again soon. We'll keep it up Ralph take care. James.

There will be many weight plateaus on the way down.

Right now, for the past 2 weeks I have been hovering around 220-222. It will continue. I strive to stay within 1200 calories. I do so most of the time. Even when I go over I still have net calories under 1200 and often under 1000 calories.

Keep following the program. Make sure the protein requirements of 80-90 grams a day are met. Take the multi-vitamins for gastric bypass, the calcium and potassium.

I am doing so. The weight will come off.

Ralph

Back