• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are post surgery must haves?

They gave me 2 in the hospital. Wish I would have been with it enough to ask for one that was a size smaller because by the end of the week it didn’t fit. I partially blame that on the swelling going down and gas being gone, not the fact that my midsection was already that much smaller. But when it did fit, I liked wearing it when sleeping and walking.
I ended up using something similar after 3 of my c sections and it was a life saver - but I remember needing it super tight

Had gas pain after surgery, no joke. I asked for pain meds every chance I could get and slept that night. I am so happy, scars are healing, and I am walking and this morning I had 1 egg omelet with some mozzarella and a ground up a patty sausage, so good lol. Since April 20th I have lost 32 pounds. Oh, Premier Protein now comes with 30 g and ordered the latte and chocolate, just think drink 2 and you have your quota. Thank you God.

Had gas pain after surgery, no joke. I asked for pain meds every chance I could get and slept that night. I am so happy, scars are healing, and I am walking and this morning I had 1 egg omelet with some mozzarella and a ground up a patty sausage, so good lol. Since April 20th I have lost 32 pounds. Oh, Premier Protein now comes with 30 g and ordered the latte and chocolate, just think drink 2 and you have your quota. Thank you God.
32 lbs in 14 days?!?!??! WOW

I think you already have the most important thing you need, a source for support! You can come here and talk to people who know what you are going through, and aren't shy about telling you what you need to do! I'm sure you will do great! I bought some empty baby food jars for portions. My daughter was pregnant at the time, so when I was done with them, I gave them to her.

I think you already have the most important thing you need, a source for support! You can come here and talk to people who know what you are going through, and aren't shy about telling you what you need to do! I'm sure you will do great! I bought some empty baby food jars for portions. My daughter was pregnant at the time, so when I was done with them, I gave them to her.
Great ideas! And thanks for the kind words!

I am 10 months post gastric bypass surgery, and I'm back to 2 Premier Protein 30g shakes daily. I still eat some proteins, a little fat, and a few carbs daily, but I feel better knowing I can get my protein in that easily. I've also increased my water amt to 8 16oz servings of water daily, and added Metamucil 2X daily. Congrats on your weight loss so far.

I am 10 months post gastric bypass surgery, and I'm back to 2 Premier Protein 30g shakes daily. I still eat some proteins, a little fat, and a few carbs daily, but I feel better knowing I can get my protein in that easily. I've also increased my water amt to 8 16oz servings of water daily, and added Metamucil 2X daily. Congrats on your weight loss so far.
Wow Karen, great for you! I do 1 protein shake a day and I am so tired of them. I still hit my protein goals, usually at least 70g a day but I have to work for it and make sure I eat even though I never want to.

Wow Karen, great for you! I do 1 protein shake a day and I am so tired of them. I still hit my protein goals, usually at least 70g a day but I have to work for it and make sure I eat even though I never want to.
I kept trying to get to 60+g of protein and rarely got it in. That's why I'm back to protein shakes, 1-2 daily. I love drinking that much water (128ozs), even though I visit the bathroom more in the daytime. Nighttime, not so much, surprisingly.

Back