• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What are your go to foods to get your bowels moving again?

Pre surgery was not an issue because I ate a fiber rich diet. I bought sugar free fiber gummies yesterday and Dulcolax. This is on top of my already daily stool softeners (apparently softening does mean moving) prunes/juice and fiber rich foods that have not reemerged from my body since intake in the last three weeks.

I already talked to my Dr who just says everyone is different. I have occasionally felt something moving in my gut for a week but no results other than "putt putting" like an old outdoor motor on the lake. My gut hurt to the point I was scared about my stapes too which is why I saw my GP. By the time I have a BM I will be like a first time parent talking about diaper deposits. So much for results in 6-12 hours.

Eureka! Well in my case 6-12 hours was more like 24. They will not ask me to do a commercial for Dulcolax, Colace or Sun Sweet Prunes.
Giving birth to my 10 lb son was easier. As excited as I am, there will be no photos on social media.
Even though I was only getting about 200 calories a day for the last three days, I had gained nearly 4 lbs for 4 days and not feeling as well. Afraid to strain because of stitches. I was getting anxious so my mantra was, "listen to your body, gather info here and seek advise from my Dr (An Internist but she took my call and saw me) and do what is necessary".
Now I feel better and 1.5 lbs less than 5 days ago. I had not realized I was starting to stress about food intake that was going nowhere. Still not hungry but not afraid to eat. It is not about the weight loss as a measure of success but my new learning process of how my body functions post op.

Thank you Oh Wise Ones

Taco Bell works for me

YUP!
3b531b5f2b71757669685f0a66306a4b.jpg

If you have read some of my other post you will see that my doc has made fruits off limits and I know they provide much needed fiber to keep things moving along. Any one found that they help or just ANY types of foods? I can’t do Miralax or milk of magnesia .
My doctor said no laxatives. They can be too aggressive and rid the body of needed hydration too rapidly. Maybe you can't dp prune juice/baby food.

Back