• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What is your daily diet?

Kevin

Staff member
I know some people keep track of their caloric intake, or protein intake, maybe even the amount of fiber you get. How strict are you with your daily diet? Do you have a set number of Fiber you try to get each day? Or a specific amount of Protein you shoot for everyday???

I have to be rather strict with my diet. My blood sugar just loves to go crazy on me if I dont. My diet is high protein, medium fat and low carb. Helps me control my sugar levels and keeps fat away. I feel great eating this way. Plus i am for 1 gallon of water a day to flush my system out.

hi again are you a diabetic too? presently I am and on pills and small amount of insulin but hopefully once the surgery is done no more diabetic med's. I know I will continue to have to stay away from sugar's forever and be careful with carbs even with the surgery, just curious,
thanks
Donna ps what is considered med. fat? I love water it's always my choice of drink constantly carry a 52 oz cup of ice water everywhere I go, hope I can still have lots of ice water once I have my surgery

hi again are you a diabetic too? presently I am and on pills and small amount of insulin but hopefully once the surgery is done no more diabetic med's. I know I will continue to have to stay away from sugar's forever and be careful with carbs even with the surgery, just curious,
thanks
Donna ps what is considered med. fat? I love water it's always my choice of drink constantly carry a 52 oz cup of ice water everywhere I go, hope I can still have lots of ice water once I have my surgery

Not Diabetic i'm hypoglycemic. Kinda the same thing dealing with trying to control sugar levels. For me MED fat is 10-15g per meal. I eat 6 times a day so my total is 60-90 grams of fat. Good fats like avacado, almonds or peanut butter (my fav!) I drink 1 1/2 gallons of water a day. once in a while a caffeine free diet coke but 99% of the time its water or i'll mix a BCAA product like Chain'd Out in my water.

Back