• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What next

3momchaos

Life has just been crazy. A couple weeks ago I had horrible poison ivy, I just finished my prednisone corse, but I’m still on all the antacids for another week. I still have one itchy spot on my arm. Saturday my daughter was doing her horseback riding lesson and was thrown off the horse, flew over his head, flipped in the air, landed on her back, and broke her arm. Monday I took my father in law for cataract surgery and my tire went flat while waiting for him, I aired it up with a mini compressor, and it had a hole in it from a nail or something. Luckily that was able to be plugged and patched. This morning I get a call from my sons school that he’d had a seizure, lost consciousness, and hit his head, so I’ve been with him in the ER all morning. 2 ER visits in less than a week for my kiddos. We’re joking that the 3rd one will probably be in before the week is over. I think the summer was too calm because now it’s chaos!! Everyone is fine now. Daughter is loving that everyone gets to sign her cast. Son is seeing his neurologist next week (he has Tourette’s but has never had a seizure), but he can go back to regular activities per the ER doctor. Life’s just crazy!

3mom, that is a LOT of stuff that has gone wrong in a very short period of time. How are you holding up? My son also has Tourette's but he has never had seizures. He does have a noticeable twitch but at 32 he's got it down to twitch, snap and say a completely random, but not foul, word. I hope the neurologist can help. And I'm glad your daughter is loving the attention lol That part made me laugh, kids are so resilient.

I’m doing ok. My kids really respond to how I am, so while I am scared and can admit it to them, I do my best to keep my composure so they keep calm. While sometimes I just feel like screaming obscenities or crying, I hold myself together knowing that if I freak out they will probably also freak out and neither of those things are helpful.

My daughters doing well. Her check up is on the 11th, and hopefully she can move to a splint. My son has a neurologist appointment tomorrow. No more seizures, but there’s definitely something going on. He is having spells of full body tingles, like what happened before his episode. He hasn’t lost consciousness again but he blacked out for a couple seconds yesterday. In other news my sister has a epiploic appendagitis twisted on her colon causing blood flow issues, so she might need surgery to resolve the issue. Never a dull moment!

Latest update is my sons going to have an EEG and MRI, luckily on the same day so he doesn’t have to miss more school. His neurologist also wants him to see a cardiologist to make sure this isn’t heart related. He also got some basic blood work today with a thyroid work up as well. They’re being thorough which I really appreciate. October is a crazy busy month but I’m looking forward to joining the challenge. I really need to start exercising and this will be the positive push I need!

Latest update is my sons going to have an EEG and MRI, luckily on the same day so he doesn’t have to miss more school. His neurologist also wants him to see a cardiologist to make sure this isn’t heart related. He also got some basic blood work today with a thyroid work up as well. They’re being thorough which I really appreciate. October is a crazy busy month but I’m looking forward to joining the challenge. I really need to start exercising and this will be the positive push I need!
I'm glad they are being thorough and I hope the tests go well. Good luck!

If everything comes back OK ask about it being stress induced.

Back