• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

What to pack to make time in hospital as comfortable as possible..?

Alioop

Would like to get some feedback on what people took with them to the hospital to make their post surgery recovery time comfortable. What did you pack...and what did you wish..you had thrown in your suitcase.

I brought a pair of sweatpants, so I could walk around without wondering if my butt was covered. I packed a lot more things, but most were not needed. I honestly don't remember the first day after surgery. The second day I would eat ice and walk around. I walked very slow the second day. I used a pillow to hold on to while driving home.

Would like to get some feedback on what people took with them to the hospital to make their post surgery recovery time comfortable. What did you pack...and what did you wish..you had thrown in your suitcase.
My stay was short, overnight. I didn't pack anything but my going home clothes and panties to use once they took out the catheter. Luckily because the floor is designated for Bariatric patients, the gowns were big enough to cover me up while I walked around. You might see if you can bring a robe, just in case the gown is a small sized one.

My stay was short, overnight. I didn't pack anything but my going home clothes and panties to use once they took out the catheter. Luckily because the floor is designated for Bariatric patients, the gowns were big enough to cover me up while I walked around. You might see if you can bring a robe, just in case the gown is a small sized one.

Thanks, Christine.

How exciting to be so close to your surgery date! I didn't use most of what I bought into hospital with me. I had my kindle with charger and a paper back book, neither of which I looked at. I had loose clothes to wear home, track pants and t-shirt, as I didn't want to have anything tight around my stomach. I also bought with me a pack of emesis (vomit) bags to take home (I ordered them from Amazon as I couldn't find them anywhere else), although you could get these at the hospital also, but I wanted to have a supply at home if they were needed. I took my bariatric instruction binder but didn't need to have this either. You really don't need much while you are in the hospital as they have everything you need. If the gowns are not big enough to keep you covered you can ask for a second one to wear as a robe. The one I had was for bariatric patients and so I didn't need anything else with it, and they will give you grip socks (but you could bring in slippers if you would prefer. Make sure that you have glasses if you need them and anything else that you will need to use. I hope that this helps.

I took a robe, some underwear, my cellphone and charger. Well, and the clothes I wore to the hospital is what I wore home. I was in the hospital 2 nights. the first night I don't remember much because of the anesthesia.

I just had my cell phone and loose clothes like sweats. My wife was with me..I walked alot and slept a bunch....

I took my cell phone, robe, a book, loose clothing, and a bunch of other stuff, and all I really needed was my cell phone, I could have just wore the clothes I came in home, since I put them on only to drive to the hospital and then changed into their gown, so I wouldn't really pack much of anything, they even gave me a toothbrush and a little comb l

Back