• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Where my Gastric Sleeve peeps at??? lol

Kim n NC

Hi,
Just curious to see how other gastric sleeve patients are doing and how much you've lost so far? Any problems or concerns as you go through your journey?

Hi there, brand new to this forum today and my sleeve is scheduled for Tuesday, March 5th! Love to hear your story and how you're doing. I'll take any advise!

Hi, you are doing great. My sleeve has been working, or should I say I have been working my sleeve. I have lost 100 pounds since my physical which is what prompted me to consider WLS. It only took 2 months from my seminar to my surgery. I lost 6 pounds before surgery, because I was just really busy. I did not have to do a pre op diet. I also didn't eat a lot thinking I would never be able to eat again. So I still have 6 pounds to lose from my sugery weight before I hit 100 pounds. I want to continue to lose, and still weigh and measure everthing I eat. Just as important are all the wonderful changes in my life since I have come out of the haze of food addiction. I see the joy and not the misery in most things. Even with life's challenges I manage gratitude for being able to get up each day. Wishing you all the best and keep up the great work.

I had my surgery on Dec. 19, 2012. I can honestly say I expected to have more problems! The only problem I've had is with constipation. I tried softeners and laxatives, more fiber, less protein, etc., etc. I just did whatever my dietician said to try! I learned an important lesson for my body last week. I had finally started to get back to "normal" and ran out of probiotics. I didn't think anything of it since it was just a suggestion from someone to try it. Well, I reverted back to my old problem really quickly! Needless to say, I will not let that happen again! :eek: I would like to be losing weight a bit faster and am working out daily, but I'm also waiting to adjust my diet after I have the blood levels tested. I don't want to mess up any of my vitamin levels! Other than that, this has been the BEST decision I've made for myself.

Thank you everyone! This forum and the problems and solutions given are so helpful. I'm kind of still in the "did I really just do this" phase! LOL. Super sore on the left side, I'm hoping that is normal. My only problem is still portion size - I may not be eating, but I forget I cannot take a huge swallow or suck from a straw without feeling some epigastric pain. Hopefully, I will learn this lesson today! LOL. So far so good. Lovin' my super doc!

Hi, had my sleeve done nov 15. I have lost a little over 50 pounds. Wow it looks like your doing great! I am kind at a plateau right now and the weight is starting to slow. I am trying not to get frustrated! I have been working out a lot, so it may just be water

Db4, if you're working out a lot and you're getting in your protein, then you are probably losing inches. How do your clothes fit. I hit a plateau for a month or so, then I realized that in that month, I lost 4 and 1/2 inches off my waist, then the weight loss kicked in again. Just stick to the plan, it does work, but you've got to work it.

Frank

:cool:

Good to hear from you all...lol Sounds like we're all making progress. My doc told me the weight loss would come off like steps but not every step is equal (i.e. some weeks I lose more than others). So as long as a little comes off each week I'm thrilled! Though I'm struggling with the clothes issue. Had to buy new uniforms for work and really need some new pants....not that I'm complaining mind you. I still have a little problem with epigastric pain at times as well.

Hello, new pre-sleeve surgery. I have just started eating soft foods & glad for that, I really did not enjoy drinking my meals, I just need to chew. I started at 250 and now at 211, so things are going okay. I have found out I have severe arthritis in my left hip, so I am looking forward to warm weather so the leg will stop hurting, but other than that, I'm out walking and playing with my grandchildren. I wouldn't change a thing.

Hi everyone, I post this on another link, but since your experiencing the sleeve like me thought I'd ask it here too. Are any of you have left shoulder pain after you eat? I'm wondering if I'm overfilling, etc. Any info is helpful. Glad I found you!

I'm okay, thanks for asking. I have dealt with a lot of nausea when eating over the last six weeks. I can't even look at a protein shake without getting nauseous. But it has been improving and I am getting the hang of things. Baby steps first then you can run.

Last edited:
Drinking

Just remember to sip, not drink or gulp. At first I used a 25 ml plastic cup. You can pick them up in a store that specializes in restaurant supplies, like Smart & Final. That is a local store here in Fresno. Keep it up, are you eating soft foods yet?

There are a lot of us on here. Yay! Hope we all stay in touch and keep each other updaged.
Have not had the problem with shoulder pain after eating. I gravitate towards constipation now too so have to be careful as well.
For those of you with joint problems, have you noticed a difference? I noticed an improvement at first but have been having some pain in knees recently. Was wondering if muscle tone of supporting muscles around knees had declined due to diet....????

Back