• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Wish me luck

I drank a low sodium v8 earlier but I have to add just a little bit of hot sauce to it because I can not stand the regular v8 taste. I like the spicy one. I asked my nut and she said it was fine.

Wishing you luck, but just reading how much weight you’ve been able to lose and keep off I just know you’re going to get through these couple weeks. You’ve got lots of determination and dedication to yourself.
Let me know how you’re doing with this liquid diet in a couple days. (What kinds of liquids are you taking, by the way?) Happy July 4th!!

I have been determined for a while now. My whole family is big but my weight got to be the worse and I am tired of it. I have been doing what I can since 2015. I believe this surgery will help me.

I have been determined for a while now. My whole family is big but my weight got to be the worse and I am tired of it. I have been doing what I can since 2015. I believe this surgery will help me.
I think it’s all willpower backed by physical boundaries.. the surgery like they say is a tool, but I think it’s the best tool in our tool box plus our belief in ourselves to be allowed to be our best selves. We don’t deserve the body self-shaming, not comfortable in our own skin, feeling left out because we aren’t a certain look. Some of the problem is our society and it’s idea of normal, but mostly, when you come down to the bare facts, it’s our health and happiness. You want that for yourself, it’s the best gift to give and keep. It’s not that being thinner makes us happy. It’s that it takes away one more layer of what makes us sad. Doesn’t fix everything, but helps coast us closer to discovering and loving who we really are on the inside.
So, MamaBear, surgery is around the corner. I’m excited for you. I want updates! How you’re feeling physically and emotionally. I’m glad your family (husband and kiddos) is supportive and dependable. Think how happy you’ll be when your child hugs you and their hands can touch behind your back. You’ll get the full hug of love.
You are your own advocate for a positive, healthy future. And you deserve that happiness!!

I'm not in the forum very much, but I read some of your posts from day 1. I am very excited for you!, and the fact you'll be getting your procedure in a week. It's encouraging to know you're making it through the pre-op diet without issues. Yay for you!! :)

I think it’s all willpower backed by physical boundaries.. the surgery like they say is a tool, but I think it’s the best tool in our tool box plus our belief in ourselves to be allowed to be our best selves. We don’t deserve the body self-shaming, not comfortable in our own skin, feeling left out because we aren’t a certain look. Some of the problem is our society and it’s idea of normal, but mostly, when you come down to the bare facts, it’s our health and happiness. You want that for yourself, it’s the best gift to give and keep. It’s not that being thinner makes us happy. It’s that it takes away one more layer of what makes us sad. Doesn’t fix everything, but helps coast us closer to discovering and loving who we really are on the inside.
So, MamaBear, surgery is around the corner. I’m excited for you. I want updates! How you’re feeling physically and emotionally. I’m glad your family (husband and kiddos) is supportive and dependable. Think how happy you’ll be when your child hugs you and their hands can touch behind your back. You’ll get the full hug of love.
You are your own advocate for a positive, healthy future. And you deserve that happiness!!
I just love the thought to be able to do more stuff with my boys. I would lobe to be able to go to all their little programs at school and sit with other parents and watch my kid do what he was taught to do. That is what keeps me going right now. I really don't have health issues besides my back and legs but my kids are the main reason I keep in line

I'm not in the forum very much, but I read some of your posts from day 1. I am very excited for you!, and the fact you'll be getting your procedure in a week. It's encouraging to know you're making it through the pre-op diet without issues. Yay for you!! :)

Thanks and I will be updating with u guys. I am excited I went to the doctor yesterday and I lost over 20 lbs since the 27th so it felt great to know that

I just love the thought to be able to do more stuff with my boys. I would lobe to be able to go to all their little programs at school and sit with other parents and watch my kid do what he was taught to do. That is what keeps me going right now. I really don't have health issues besides my back and legs but my kids are the main reason I keep in line
That’s a powerful motivator. How you, your kids and all of your loved ones will benefit from your good health, positivity, and new outlook on life!
You go girl! And keep going!

Back