• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

WLS and vacation.

RedMama

OK, I haven't even had my surgery yet but I'm a planner. I like to look ahead. Anyway, my surgery is in September and my Disney vacation is in January. I just finished speaking to guest services at Disney dining reservations and was told I would have to pay the full price for any of their buffets. Which range in price from $22.00 per person to $40.00 per person. Even though I will have my surgical card from the doctor and will only consume 2-3 oz. of food, I will still be expected to pay full price. :mad:
I want to say a lot of dirty words right now. I am really ticked off. I understand they are in business to make money but COME ON?!?!?! :mad::mad:
Ridiculous.
Thank you for listening. My rant is over.:p

Are you going to Disney World in Florida or Disney Land in California?

If you going to Disney World, then you should have no issues with restaurants outside of Mouse Land.. You may also want to discuss with them that your menu is based on surgical and medical necessity. I do not believe Disney would want any publicity especially since Celebration Hospital, A medical destination facility for Bariatric surgery and many other world renowned medical care and procedures...

Ironically Celebration Hospital, which is literally outside the Mouse gates is one of The top Bariatric Hospitals in the world.

Many eateries in Central Florida are familiar with WLS and will allow you to order children's portions or eat from your partners plate without charging a share fee. Many of the eateries are very open, welcome and receptive to WLS patrons.

I would call them back and ask to speak with a Manager. Disney prides itself in putting the guest first; I would politely remind them of their own policy. And I would be sure to let them know that you have your card from your physician, and also to state exactly what Stinkerbelle states in her response above about their own community. Good luck, and have a great time! Nothing like the Land of the Mouse!

Back