• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Worried:

AzCharlie

I had gastric bypass in July.........losing weight but just recently, I am taking in about 1500 calories a day. Is this normal, am I over eating? What is going on inside? Any responses would be appreciated

1500 is the cal /day they give guys at my center so not sure if you are a guy or gal but if a guy, sounds right and if gal, too much. Eat less calorie dense foods I guess would be my answer. What exactly are you eating?

AZCharlie-I was told to eat no more than 1200 calories a day but usually go over a little a couple days a week but my goal is 1,000. I have been losing very slowly too and need to cut down (I'm female). My problem is I don't exercise except for stretching exercises using resistence bands while sitting. Are you exercising daily? I'm scheduled for hip replacement surgery next month and once I recover from that plan on increasing all physical activity including going for very long walks and going to a gym for circuit training and also swimming. I've been dependant on a wheelchair and walker since 2008 so it will be wonderful to be able to move freely once again :) :) :) I really miss being able to get around pain free.

Are you getting your calories from lean protein's or are you eating carbs or fatty foods? From what the nutritionist told me all calories are not created equal and will lose weight faster when eating more lean protein than anything else.

Unless you are really really active you are eating way to much. Maybe its because I am still a newbie but I would say 1000 to 1200 at tops. I was a diabetic before my bypass and only did 1000. I just had mine oct 22 so I do not eat anymore then my book from the dietitian and doctor said. Maybe you need to make lower calorie choices. Good luck

Back