• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Your Pre-op Diet?

Awwww. Girl I feel the crying. I did a lot of that too haha. And yes I gained 2 lb all of a sudden I don't know what happened! I was so upset. The days I was losing made it easy at least it gave me more energy to keep doing well. But the last couple of days have really stunk again. That's great that you're going out with your husband on a nice weekend trip!

Hi :) Hope this isn't too personal, but, are you taking a fiber supplement/laxative? I started to a few days ago. The first day I was super constipated (likely a coincidence), after that things started clearing out and the scale has gone down a bit. Just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

This morning as hubby and I were getting ready I said...two days from now at this time I will be in surgery! :oops: And I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll be thinking about the one day mark...it'll be here in the blink of an eye! And done in another blink...crazy, right?!!

Do you know what time your surgery is on Wednesday? If I'm alert enough I want to make sure I'm sending you good juju! :)

Hi :) Hope this isn't too personal, but, are you taking a fiber supplement/laxative? I started to a few days ago. The first day I was super constipated (likely a coincidence), after that things started clearing out and the scale has gone down a bit. Just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

This morning as hubby and I were getting ready I said...two days from now at this time I will be in surgery! :oops: And I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll be thinking about the one day mark...it'll be here in the blink of an eye! And done in another blink...crazy, right?!!

Do you know what time your surgery is on Wednesday? If I'm alert enough I want to make sure I'm sending you good juju! :)
No I'm not! Its.so weird because I keep hanging and losing these 2 lbs. It's so lame,! Maybe after I do my.bowel.prep things will be better?! But yeah I should take some fiber lol

Yay to you and Nymiria. Two surgeries this week! Woohoo!

No I'm not! Its.so weird because I keep hanging and losing these 2 lbs. It's so lame,! Maybe after I do my.bowel.prep things will be better?! But yeah I should take some fiber lol
Interesting, you have to do a bowel prep...like before a colonoscopy? Well, that will certainly clean you out! :) It seems to vary a surprising amount, what different peeps have to do for their surgeries. I guess part of that is the individual patients needs and part is the individual surgeons preferences through their experiences.

I have Benefiber and sprinkle it on my food or in my shakes whenever I remember (which is far too infrequently). It doesn't add any taste or weird texture. I also got Senokot-S, which my Dr recommended, and take that at night. You will Definitely want some kind of help after the surgery, from everything I've heard.

Oh, something I did was, when I started the pre-op diet, as well as this morning, I weighed myself, measured myself and took multi angle before pics of myself in form fitting clothes...just thought I'd put it out there, in case you'd like to capture your 'befores' too. :)

How are you hanging in there, hon? It's coming up pretty quickly! I will try to pop in real quick if I'm functional enough after my surgery tomorrow to give a quicky update. Haven't commented on this site from my phone before and I'm technologically challenged, lol...but I will try. :)

Just remember to take some slow, deep breaths. Your Dr. no doubt has a ton of experience with this surgery, knows your history and everything will be fine. Believe and breathe. <3

Big Hugs!!

Interesting, you have to do a bowel prep...like before a colonoscopy? Well, that will certainly clean you out! :) It seems to vary a surprising amount, what different peeps have to do for their surgeries. I guess part of that is the individual patients needs and part is the individual surgeons preferences through their experiences.

I have Benefiber and sprinkle it on my food or in my shakes whenever I remember (which is far too infrequently). It doesn't add any taste or weird texture. I also got Senokot-S, which my Dr recommended, and take that at night. You will Definitely want some kind of help after the surgery, from everything I've heard.

Oh, something I did was, when I started the pre-op diet, as well as this morning, I weighed myself, measured myself and took multi angle before pics of myself in form fitting clothes...just thought I'd put it out there, in case you'd like to capture your 'befores' too. :)

How are you hanging in there, hon? It's coming up pretty quickly! I will try to pop in real quick if I'm functional enough after my surgery tomorrow to give a quicky update. Haven't commented on this site from my phone before and I'm technologically challenged, lol...but I will try. :)

Just remember to take some slow, deep breaths. Your Dr. no doubt has a ton of experience with this surgery, knows your history and everything will be fine. Believe and breathe. <3

Big Hugs!!
Yes just like before a colonoscopy. A bottle of magnesium citrate haha. My Dr obviously wants me to have the cleanest insides ever hahaha. Thanks so much for your encouragement!

I start my 2 week pre-op tomorrow and mine is two protein shakes and a small dinner with just 4oz of lean meat and fresh vegetables only. Then 64 Oz of water and all these vitamins
Good luck with your pre-op diet. That sounds so much more doable than the kind some have had to "endure," i.e. liquids only.

KeriK! You know how I said I was on vacation this week during diet? Got home last night, weighed myself this morning and I've lost 8 dang pounds on the pre-op diet already! I know it's probably all water weight but it's still super exciting. Enough to keep me going for another day at least haha . Hope you're doing well!
Also- my diet only allows sf broth and jello and drinks (has to be 10 calories or less) and the rest is just premade protein shakes that are 170 calories each and I have to have exactly 5 per day. This is horrible hahahahahaha
Hi Nymiria, congrats on your weight loss so far!! I think I am going to do the same as you... take a week's vacation prior to the surgery once I get it scheduled so I can do the pre-op diet at home alone and not have to work thru that.

Have been struggling with liquid only diet. I'm DYING to chew something! Bought some Trident gum yesterday.i haven't chewed gum in about 30 years, ever since I lost my first crown to a piece of gum! I had 2 pieces for about 20 min yesterday and it helped.

Back