• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

YOUR Tool Box/Starter Kit?

Pat, talk to my husband last night an we both agree having her outside wouldn't be a good ideal. We have her crate trained so my husband said that if I'm not able to get up to let her out then he believes she will be fine to stay in crate till my son gets home from school he gets in at 2:20 so she would be in her crate only 6 hours if needed. Thanks so much, the info was very helpful

I'm greatly releived that you were able to find a better solution :) There is so much that can happen to a pet when left outdoors unattended.

From what I have heard, you are going to be able to take a walk with the dog a couple of times a day after a couple of days at home post surgery. It will be good to "have" to go out and walk. I read from many that the more you walk the better off and faster you will feel better. So I think it will be fine but always a good idea to have alternate plans just in case. I am having my surgery on Monday and hope to be home on Wednesday or at worst, Thursday and then will walk as much as possible. I am not alone at home but will make believe I am so far as getting up to get my drinks fixed and walks etc. I would love to be feeling fine by Christmas so that I can sit at the table at least with family but if I cannot I will stay home but expect to be there with family!!!

Back