• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

13 days til surgery!

EllenIrene

Started my liquid diet today and I think reality has set in. I also received my paperwork with the patient consent that listed all the "risks". I know the chance of them are minimum but boy I started to get cold feet. I had to remind myself that health problems I could obtain from being overweight probably outweighed the risks of having the surgery. Hope these next two weeks go by fast!

EllenIrene-You may hit a few bumps over the next 2 weeks so just remind yourself why you are doing this. If you find yourself in a situation where you think you absolotely can't handle the liquids anymore then make a call to your nutritionist for "help". Are you on just clear liquids or can you have hot cereals, certain veggies and applesauce too?

EllenIrene, Your bio isn't clear on whether you are having the sleeve or anothe procedure? Either way, I wish you all the best and please check in often and let us know how you are doing! don't worry about the pre-surgery forms, They have to print that stuff.

I am having the gastric sleeve. So far the liquid diet isn't too bad. I am strictly on liquid (unless you count yogurt and jello). I just keep telling myself "one day at a time". Thank you for the kind words.

Hi Ellen, I remember that stage, my reality set in when I had my cosult with my surgeons and set the date so by the time I was on the liqud diet I was already scared, nervous and excited. Hang in there. :cool: Tom

Back