• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

15 days till surgery

Alan.R

This is the first time I have posted on this site I am scheduled for Sleeve Surgery April 19th
Beginning weight 443 current weight 400 I have dropped 40 lbs in last 40 days strict low carb no cheating
had to be below 405 for surgery starting to walk short distances breathing has improved. I am traveling to another state form where I am at for surgery and I am looking for online support for myself and to help support
you in your journey.Alan.R

Hi Alan, welcome to the best WLS board on the web. You'll find that we all care and are interested in you and your journey. We're at all stages of the journey, so feel free to ask any question you have. We will answer, but remember every journey is different and what works for one, doesn't always work for others, so take all advise as a guide and not gospel. You will learn more about yourself and how your body reacts to different things as your journey progresses. Keep us informed and please ask any and all question prior to surgery that you may have. Also check out this thread, very helpful. Hope to hear from you soon.

Frank

:cool:

Way to go Allan! Get in as much exercise as you can before surgery, it will help your recovery beyond measure.

Cheers

Had my surgery!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. I traveled 450 miles to have my surgery done everything went well. 36 hours after surgery I was out walking and feeling better than expected.

Congratulations! I wish you the best. I have my sleeve surgery on May 16th and I'm very excited. We have to work to make it work for us, but I believe we can do it.

Hi Alan, How have things been since surgery? I hope you are doing well. Here I am thinking my hour long trip to my surgeon's office and hospital is a long trip. You were a real trooper to go through so much(and go so far) for your surgery.

Back