• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

1st Milestone...good news!

Kim n NC

Other than my husband and doctor's office....this is the only place I feel comfortable sharing this but....I finally broke the 300lbs barrier! In over 6yrs of trying, I haven't been able to do that with diets, gyms, trainers, etc. I'm so thankful for this surgery and so glad I did it! Thank you to everyone for all the advice and support. More good news to come I'm sure!

;)

How wonderful! Congratulations! Little steps taken one at time and you will get where you want to be. So happy you are pleased with your results. I know it hasn't always been easy. Thanks for sharing. Joy

Kim, how absolutely awesome for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna do anything to celebrate? Trip to the thrift store for a new dress maybe?

I can't see spending any appreciable amount of money on new clothes yet. Still, you will need something soon and I encourage you to find something pretty you like sooner rather than later. I mean, after going through all this, you don't want to run around forever in baggy clothes! No need to load yurself up with "stuff." Buy a new one and bring it home, send an old one to a shelter (or wherever). Personally, I'm looking forward to the day I feel comfortable buying a pair of pants that aren't stretchy; it's been a while. lol

That is such wonderful news. Keep up the good work. I have finally told my husband my all time high weight. December 27 can't get here soon enough. New life - here I come!

You Go Girlfriend!!!! I know that you are feeling so good about yourself. It is such a great feeling when everything you are doing to fight this weight battle is
showing progress and making you feel good about yourself. It truely is a "wonderful" feeling. Congratulations, Kim. You Rock and keep up the success!!!!

I know how you feel, I started out at 308 and as of yesterday I'm 254, it's been 20 years since I was under 250, I'm so excited for you in your accomplishment ...

Kim in NC CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE ON YOUR ROAD TO CONTINUED SUCCESS, YOU'VE SHOWN YOURSELF "YOU CAN DO IT" HAPPY FOR YOU, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET UNDER 200 I TOO 3 YEARS AGO WEIGHED OVER 300 SO I KNOW HOW HAPPY YOU ARE FEELING, THE NUMBERS WILL KEEP DROPPING.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU'RE DOING GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,
DONNA

Yay you!!! I know how it feels to reach a milestone or a weight you haven't seen in years. It also feels great to try on that smaller sized piece of clothing and realize you can zip it up without taking a deep breath or lying on your back. Continued success to you.

Woohoo!!! That is wonderful! Reaching these milestones is what makes the decision for WLS worth it!

Congratulations Kim, keep up the great work!

Kim-I can relate because I felt the same way :) My next milestone is to lose 10 lbs. It's a reachable goal. My weight loss has stopped for the time being so I have to set my goals at a reasonable level. Keep up the good work!!!

Back