• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

2 weeks out of surgery

applewart

Today marks 2 weeks since my surgery. January 1st of this year, I weighed myself at 382 pounds. This morning I weighed 328. I am so stoked at seeing this weight come off I do not think about food anymore. I eat to live now not the other way around. I took myself off of my blood pressure meds this weekend because my pressure got low. That's 4 medications I don't need anymore. Thanks to all of you for your support,:D

applewart,

Use a great deal of caution before taking it upon yourself to adjusting or eliminating your medications. You could get yourself in big trouble at the drop of a hat and end up in the emergency room or worse. Your low blood presser could be related to dehydration. I strongly suggest you consult with your doctor before making any hasty decisions. I too was ready to make some big changes in my medications soon after surgery but I talked it out with my doctor and she recommended I wait 'til after I had some blood test before reducing medication, and only if the numbers were in agreement. Measured steps instead of the wholesale chopping I had envisioned. It didn't take me long to see that her way was safer and more practical. I am just saying you should get all the information you can before you skin your cat and be sure you are doing it in the safest way possible.

One thing my surgeon did do for me, before surgery was change my blood pressure medication to milder form for after my surgery.

regards

Last edited:
Hi Applewart, Dennis just said what I was going to say and probably better. Please be careful and consult with your Dr. before changing your meds. Congrats on your weight loss so far, keep up the great work.

Frank

:cool:

Back