• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

3 months post surgery

kathys47

Hello I sure hope I can get some help. I'm new to this forum and have been searching for someone to talk to who knows what I am going through. I am really depressed. I have constant nausea...PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Kathy, First you need to tell us what kind of surgery you had and what you are eating, etc. Need more information!

OK Kathy, First you need to tell us what kind of surgery you had and what you are eating, etc. Need more information!

I had the of roux en y Gastric Bypass...I find it so hard to eat with nausea, I am suppose to eat 5 mini meals a day, so I try. I eat cereal (unsweetened) like cheerios or cornflakes, yogurt, tuna, salads. I also have found that soup does sit well when I eat it. I drink plenty of water. I've been admitted twice to the hospital since surgery because of the nausea, I just want it to go away:(

Kathy-Have you discussed your constat nausea with the surgeon? I noticed you said soups sit well with you. The soup is probably not staying in your pouch as long as some of the foods that are "thicker". It's possible you have a stricture or stenosis. These conditions cause the opening from your pouch to your small intestine to become too small which will cause constant nausea due to the food just sitting in you pouch and not passing into your intestine. I would make an appointment with the surgeon to investigate this possibility. There is a procedure to easily correct the issue.

Hi Kathy, Welcome. I agree with Pat, please make an appointment with your doctor and try reverting back to a meal plan that is easier on your pouch so you can get your protien in. Let us know what you find out. Tom

When I was admitted to the hospital my surgeon did that test and found an ulcer. I take meds for the ulcer and I can tell the difference when that flares up. I don't want to regret this surgery I have already lost 62lbs, but I hate that this is happening. My doctor gives me nausea meds but somedays I can't bare it:(

Kathy-I'm glad to hear your ulcer is being treated, it's going to take some time for it to heal and this might be what is causing nausea. Double check to make sure you were checked for a stricture, it doesn't hurt to ask. Keep a log of what you eat and of those foods make note of the ones that don't make you nauseated so you know what is easier on you. Dehydration also causes nausea so make sure you are getting enough fluids.

Make sure to keep us updated on how you are doing.

Back