• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 Days out!!

aleyva01

Yesterday I had a really bad day with nausea and stomach cramps. I also had a weird feeling coming from the left side of my abdamen....it felt like my old stomach was bubbly and draining fluids followed by intense stomach cramps in the center of my abdomen. Of course I did call my doctor but did anyone else have this experience?

Also, today was the complete opposite and I've been able to tolerate more fluids.

Oh and one more question....has anyone had a difficult time with the smell of food making you nauseous?

Hi Aleyva, Welcome. It sounds kind of like your protien shakes are not agreeing with you, I think everything felt a little weird in my abdomen for a few weeks. What did the Doc say? The smell of food never has bothered me since WLS but you are not the only one who it has bothered, I am sure you will hear from others. Remember sip, sip sip your water and drink the protien shakes slowly. :cool: Tom

ALEYVA01-Welcome to the forum. A couple of questions come to mind. Did you drink something that was not listed in your meal plan for phase 1? Did you drink too much at one time? Either of these can cause what you are describing. Your pouch is very sensitive right now and will continue to be until you heal more. It needs to be treated very gently or it will let you know it's not happy. I became nauseous while in the hospital whenever I smelled food. It seemed to happen at the same time my "meals" were served. I think the smell of food came wafting out of the elevators when the doors opened because the food service for patients who could eat regular food was happening at the same tme. When I told the surgeon he told me the smell of food often makes bariatric patients nauseated and not to worry about it. It shouldn't bother you too much longer.

Back