• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 days post op after Roux en Y....New to the site

3dinsv

Hello everyone,
This is my first visit to the site. I am 4 days post op after Roux en Y. Feeling good. Pain is very minimal, but struggling a little bit with feeling emotional and cold all the time. Having a hard time feeling like I am getting enough food/liquid in but I am doing the best I can. My scale battery died today, so I just took a short car ride to the mall to buy a new bathroom scale and a food scale. I hope this site will provide me with a lot of support and information as well as inspiration. Looking forward to poking around. Thanks for listening.

3dinsv-feeling cold is a classic symptom of dehydration. You need to get more fluids in you right away. Try sipping something you enjoy drinking every few minutes. Carry around a thermal cup or mug wherever you go, especially when you leave the house. Welcome to the forum and please come back often to let everyone know how you are doing and to share advice with others.

Hi 3dinsv Welcome. I am Tom. So exciting only 4 days out. Yes, I am with Pat, drink more fluids. I think I was able to drink broth, it had flavor and warmed me up too, I could only take sips because it filled me up so quickly, maybe try that, I also found a flovored protien drink made by special K, it helped with fluid and protien, it comes in differnt flavors I liked the iced tea and kiwi strawberry. I remember all the emotions I had, thinking if I did the right thing, struguling with my new meal plan, it seemed quite tramatic at the time but it is a life changing experience, and a wonderful journey:). I used to have an electric scale but I went and bought me a regular old scale with the dial on it, I used to get on it every day, now I weigh once a week, it is my friend now and not my enemy. You will do great, remember what you have gone through will trigger lots of emotions and that is normal, if you can go to a support group soon that is a good place to talk too but I wish I had this sit after my surgery. Keep us posted on your progress. Makes me remeber how I felt so excited and scared at the same time. :cool:Tom

Hello 3dinsv! My name is Jenny! so glad you are here! congrats on your surgery! I am having mine on 1/20! very excited but nervous! I will say this site is a godsend!! I have learned so much and connected with some pretty amazing people! I wish you well and hope to hear how awesome you are doing!!!!

Back