• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

4 days post op

Well I had my surgery on Wednesday the 24th. The surgery went off without a hitch, surgeons both said it was a beautiful surgery and was actually pretty easy. I woke up with a lot more pain then I was expecting. I stayed in the hospital until yesterday because my HgB and HcT were declining. However, they eventually stabilized and I was good to go. I went home last night with a lot of pain and was still unable to tolerate my shakes. I was doing okay with crystal light though. I was struggling with the pain meds, they were making me nauseous because of how awful they tasted. I went to bed in my bed, slept on my back all night and slept terrible. I woke up at 7am this morning and was nauseous, dizzy, in excruciating pain, and unable to tolerate anything by mouth. I had my sister bring me to the hospital. They admitted me again. I am getting fluids, pain and nausea meds, and giving my belly a rest. I regretted having this surgery this morning. I was pissed at myself for doing it. I don't think I have ever felt so bad in all of my life. I hope I begin to feel better soon. :(

Jamie-Sue,

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Glad the surgery went well though. Hope the nausea and pain abate soon. I think many experience some regret or even doubt their sanity. That will change with time.

Anyway, hope your journey gets easier.

Joy

Hi Jamie-Sue,

I'm so sorry you are in such pain and I know that it feels like a big mistake, but it isn't. Once you get past this, you will be very happy for it. Keep remembering your reasons for having the surgery in the first place. Reach out to us any time you need more encouragement, that's what we're here for. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Aww..Jamie-Sue, I feel sad for you. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there girl and keep us posted. Hugs and prayers for you.

Jamie-Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment. Being nauseated is to be expected, especially in the beginning. After all, your tiny new pouch is healing right now and is a bit angry from all it has been put through *LOL* Your dizzy spells are probably from dehydration and low blood sugar so you should start feeling better from the IV fluids in a short while :) Hang in there, things WILL improve for you. Once you see the scale start moving it will all be worth it. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Back