• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

About to start my journey..

Kinny09

Hi Everyone,

I am about to begin my weight-loss journey (I cannot count how many times I have said this over the course of my life!). I have a long family history of obesity, my father has heart disease and overweight his entire life, his mother up and down with her weight also w/heart issues. I myself have been overweight since 4 years old and been on every diet under the sun, including making general "lifestyle changes". I am only 26 years old and at my highest weight yet, which peaked after I had my daughter in 2010. I have PCOS and am insulin resistant. I have a bariatric surgery consultation here in NYC on May 15th and am also doing the Psych eval on the 8th, nutritional consult and an upper endoscopy on the 15th also. I am very excited that I am finally going to take this giant leap forward in taking care of my health. I had a sleep study in 2011 and also have mild obstructive sleep apnea, it is very bothersome to me...Anyway, very excited and hope to check in with this group from time to time as things progress!!

Hi Kinny, Welcome to the best WLS board on the internet. This journey you are starting is exciting, scary, thrilling and hard work. Remember that this is just a tool, what you put into it will determine how well you do. Follow the plan from your Dr and Nutritionist and the weight will come off. Good luck and keep us up to date.

Frank

:cool:

Back