• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Any advice?

Welcome to the forum MissKitty.

Well, there is a LOT of information regarding the surgery. Is there anything in particular you would like to know about? Have you been given any information from your surgeon yet? Have you completed your pre-surgical testing? Each surgeon has slightly different requirements for before and after surgery but if you can be a little more specific I'm sure someone here can help answer your questions.

welcome to this site Miss Kitty, I'm also awaiting my surgery date, did my pre-testing and get to see the surgeon on May4,. everyone on here is willing to answer ? and give out good advice and some great receipes too.
Hope things are going well for you as you too have began a new journey to a healthier you, I'll be glad when I'm on the other side and can share the begining of my success story.

Advice

I have been researching the web for the past year and have several friends that have had the bypass procedure. I'm currently attending both pre op classes and support group and have been given tons of advice. I know however that each individual Is different and am getting as much info and personal experiences as possible so that I can be prepared to expect anything. I'm so excited to have the procedure done so I can begin my journey. My doctor and his staff are awesome and do so much educating that at times I feel like I could educate on the topic...maybe I will eventually. I am shooting for May 15th to have my surgery, until then I want to get as much first hand tips, advice and info as possible.
Thanks a bunch,
Miss Kitty

I see your from Illinois if you don't mind me asking, where about in Illinois. County is ok, I'm in McHenry county area
~miss kitty

Hi,Miss Kitty!
I am having my RNY this Thursday.......YAY! So far the best advice I can give is attend support groups, read blogs like this and do what the docs and nurses tell you. I just made a weight loss ticker and am going to try to post it here to see if it works....I'm not too good with computer stuff, so apologies if it looks like mumbo jumbo...lol!

I have been researching the web for the past year and have several friends that have had the bypass procedure. I'm currently attending both pre op classes and support group and have been given tons of advice. I know however that each individual Is different and am getting as much info and personal experiences as possible so that I can be prepared to expect anything. I'm so excited to have the procedure done so I can begin my journey. My doctor and his staff are awesome and do so much educating that at times I feel like I could educate on the topic...maybe I will eventually. I am shooting for May 15th to have my surgery, until then I want to get as much first hand tips, advice and info as possible.
Thanks a bunch,
Miss Kitty

It sounds like you have a very good medical team:D and you have done a lot of research up front, thats great. I made my descision when I went to see my doctor for blood work to check my liver for my cholesterol medicine and I had gained 15 more lbs, it had been a steady uptick for the past 5 years and I exersice regularly, so I asked about WLS and she refered me to a seminar and things moved fairly quickly after that, it was the best descision I have made and has made me much healthier and no more meds. Let us know how you are doing. :cool: Tom

Back