• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Any Idea

BamaBaby

Does anyone have any ideas how to keep Unjury tastless protein powder from clumping up or floating on the top of drinks? Thanks I know you'll have answers for me. Carla

Does anyone have any ideas how to keep Unjury tastless protein powder from clumping up or floating on the top of drinks?

Are these hot drinks? If so, they're too hot. They need to be under 140 degrees.

If they're cold drinks, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I use plain water and I, too, use a blender, so no clumps or lumps for me.

Bama-You didn't mention if the beverages are hot or cold so I'll address both. I have been using Unjury since February 2012, it's the only protein powder I buy. If your beverage is above 130 degress it will cause the protein powder to clump together then float to the top. Unjury clearly states this in their directions. Being too hot will also give the powder a "funny" taste. This issue is not unique to Unjury, all soy protein powders will do the same. If you are having problems with clumping and floating with cold beverages try using a shaker bottle or a blender. This should resolve your issues. You made a wise choice when you chose Unjury as your source for protein powder. There is no better quality or better tasting product available that I am aware of.

I use Unjury as well and the temperature as previously mentioned is important. I use a shaker bottle becasue the nutritionist forbade the use of a blender. But, I do use the blender to make smoothies with a half a banana or some strawberries in it. What Leslie doesn't know won't hurt her ROFL. She did point out that if you did use a blender to let the shake sit a few minutes to let all the air bubbles out (less gas). I have no problem with the shaker bottle either. I might have to shake it twice but never more than that. I found that sometimes the powder wants to settle so I just mix it again. What I did in the beginning was make my shakes the night before, put them in the fridge and by morning shake once and no clumping and perfect mix. I use premixed EAS Edge ones too although I like Unjury the best. I like vanilla mixed with orange crystal lite, tastes like a dreamsicle, and use the unflavored with pink lemonade. I like things tart. I have four shakers now and I do use the blender for smoothies. Joy

Hey, Carla,

If you're worrying about temperature, you're okay up to 140 degrees, as I mentioned earlier. That information comes direct from Unjury.

There are other protein shakes I find better tasting but, remember, taste preferences are subjective and very personal.

Back