• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

are we ever allowed to eat pickles or popcorn or nuts after surgery??? 8weeks out now

I have read different post about the foods we are allowed to eat, I would like to know from others on here if we are allowed to eat popcorn, pickles and nuts somewhere down the line?I had my surgery 8 weeks ago my papers say no fresh raw vegetables for 6 months just curious about the other foods. appreciate your answers.
thanks
Donna

Donna,

I was told that we can't have nuts for at least 6 months and that we would need to chew them very well. As for pickles, I never asked that question.

Hi Donna. Yes you shpould eventually be able to eat those things as long as they agree with you:eek: I think mixed nuts and peanuts are the preferd snack foods among the nutritionists because they have protien and healthier fats that we can matabalize better, popcorn is ok but it has no protien and little nutritional value but it is low in calories if air popped and makes for a good snack when aeten with cheese or lunch meat, I like to mix diced dills or pickle relish with my tuna and wrap it up in a tortilla. My meal guidlines say that after 6 weeks I could start introducing more common foods into my meal plans but to be cautious with pop corn and nuts (among other foods) and if they cause discomfort to wait a week and try again, I think I was able to eat mixed nuts after 8 weeks. Check with your nutritionist or your meal planing guide. :cool: Tom

Back