• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

Kim M

Well I decided to have it catered this year. I was planning on cooking, but changed my mind last week. Is just a lot of work that I didn't feel like doing and I am okay with this, and everyone else will have to be. I know a wonderful woman who owns a Tea Room and also caters and delivers. I am not feeling overly concerned being around all the food. Maybe just the sausage stuffing, but it is not something I could eat before surgery so I am used to it. I will bring my own food in case the turkey is too tough for me. I tried it the other day when we had our Thanksgiving dinner for our client's and could not get it down. I am gong to focus on all the things I have to be grateful for and enjoy playing with my 2 grandchildren. Was thinking of going to the parade in NYC, but don't know if I will be able to fit it in. I want to wish everyone a very healthy and Happy Thanksgiving.

Since I will be going to one of my niece's for Thanksgiving dinner I don't have to cook the entire dinner. I am taking bakery bread, brownies and deviled eggs. I'm also making an apple pie for one of the neighbor's who helps me out sometimes. Him and his wife are going to her family's dinner and I thought taking an apple pie along would be a nice gesture. If I were making the entire dinner it wouldn't bother me at all. I love the way the house smells when a turkey is roasting in the oven. Being around all that food doesn't bother me in the least because I can only fit a small amount into my pouch I never have a concern about overeating since it's impossible for me. I enjoy seeing everyone enjoying their food, especially one of my nephews. He's in his late 40's but still eats like a growing teenage boy *LOL* I have no idea where he puts all the food he eats, it amazing. He's told me a few times that I am the best cook in the world :) :) :)

Last edited:
I will be cooking dinner for myself and my family, but I will be eating differently, I will have a deviled egg for breakfast and stuffing for snack and mashed potatoes for lunch and turkey for dinner, that's the only way I can eat and get what I want lol, but I'm not complaining I'm doing great and life is Good, Happy Thanksgiving everyone

I am making fresh Apple pie and pumpkin pie and some yeast rolls to take to my daughters house and I am also dropping off a turkey gravy and rolls to a potluck event on my way over to her house. :cool: Tom

I made cornbread dressing to take to my sister's house. Since I haven't had surgery and not on liquids yet, I ate some (after figuring out the nutritional content). Christmas will be much different as surgery is December 27!

Olive oil has a very low smoking point compared to other vegetable oils. Just use canola or some other oil to avoid the smoke.

I actually cooked almost the whole meal. It didn't bother me at all. My best friend made dessert and defiled eggs with low fat mayo so I could enjoy that. I had a few slices of smoked turkey and half a devised egg. I was in heaven.:)

Back