• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Baby Steps!

Hello and welcome to our forum...i am Kris from Reno NV and I just had surgery on 2-8-12. I am now on full liquids and doing very well. How are you doing?

Wow that was fast! I was on clear liquids for a week now I'm on full liquids the second week then I'll be able to start adding food slowly back in. How are you doing? Up and walking? Take care.

Hi From Lytle Creek,Ca. Surgery 2/2/12:)

Hi Gayle, Yes, I am on full liquids the first week home and then I go to pureed for the next two weeks then SLOWLY add smooth foods one at a time then regular foods one at a time. I was told to listen to my stomach and it will tell me what it wants. I cant wait till I can have scrambled egg. ...sounds so good! My email is Ralphnkris @att.net if you ever want to write. Take care and keep in touch. Kris

Hi Gayle, Yes, I am on full liquids the first week home and then I go to pureed for the next two weeks then SLOWLY add smooth foods one at a time then regular foods one at a time. I was told to listen to my stomach and it will tell me what it wants. I cant wait till I can have scrambled egg. ...sounds so good! My email is Ralphnkris @att.net if you ever want to write. Take care and keep in touch. Kris

my surgery was the day before yours and i also can't wait for an egg i had to laugh when you said that! Are you doing okay with your protein shake and water? i find it hard since i am always full.

I know from sharing with others NOT to try to progress foods faster than directed. I will be on full liquids until Wednesday. I start smooth foods then. I have to watch the clock to know when to ear. I too am never hungry. Before....I was ALWAYS hungry! I've learned the difference between HEAD and STOMACH hunger. I made a list of food triggers and know that I have to refrain from those foods. Bye the way, My name is Kris ...what is yours?

No feeling in my stomach!

Your right about that! I don't feel full or empty. Just thirsty!
I've read that after about a year or so we will get the feeling back in our stomachs. So for the next year or so I'll be weighing & measuring everything!

Back