• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Balancing

ascooke63

Hows everyone doing keeping up with your diet, Im tracking calories, carbs, sugar, Fat, and protein, based on a total of 1200 calories per day, That alot of factors to balance and keep up with anyone have any secrets or shortcuts to make it easier. sandra

I use myfitnesspal.com It's not set up for bariatric patients so you can't use their calorie recommendations but you can still track everything. It's an awesome tool and super easy to use. I started using it a little over a month ago.

After surgery I kept a food log, now I just track what I eat mentally and either weigh or measure my food to assure proper preportions and stick with high protien low carb menue, I try and stay with low fat foods but the California personal pizza is my downfall:eek: one of the only bread items I can tolerate. :cool: Tom

I am using MyFitnesspal I just find it mind boggling sometimes to get all the things to match up right.

Yeah, there are some errors with some of the items. Once you find the right ones it will get easier if you track your food from your list of recent and most used foods. It's a good tool to use.

If you have a smart phone, and the myfitnesspal app then you can scan the bar code and it will load all the information into your account on there. It is really great. I had it on my old phone, but not my new phone as I cannot afford the data plan right now. So I just log everything into the website from my laptop.

Back