• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Bariatric Resources?

Kevin

Staff member
We're writing a short article about a few good resources for post-op patients. The two that we have so far are MyFitnessPal and American Bariatrics Support Group. Obesity Help used to be a good site, but lately it seems to have gotten a little out of control with advertising and clutter. Do you guys know any other good online resources? I'm sure there are a few good recipe sites or other informational sites.

I like the an app thats called "loseit!" you have to use the exclamation point. I scan everything I put in my mouth and it records your proteins and calories carbs, excersise, and receipes and you can link it to there website. Luv It.

I forgot about the WorldAccordingToEggface. That is a good site, she shares a ton of good recipes and ideas.

I've never heard of the app Loseit! I'll check that out though. Thanks

This is Kaye Bailey's website. She's the author of the 5 Day Pouch Test.
I've spent only a small amount of time there and it is truly outstanding. In my short time there, I even found an article that resonated so much, I have printed it out to keep. Not sure where I'm going to put it but I intend to re-read it frequently. It is 10 Actions for WLS Success.
http://www.livingafterwls.com/

Another source of inspiration and information.

Vitalady.com

Much of her "words of wisdom" are anecdotal, as she is also a recipient of wls.

Vitalady.com - good info and she also sells samples of most protein out there. Great way to save money and try out stuff. She's also a great source for hard to find vits for RNY people. Gentle Iron, dry VitD3 and E which are VERY hard to find in stores (think she actually contracts with a lab). She and her husband both had RNY and are good resources.

Yahoo has tons of groups but I like Gastric-Bypass-Info-Central@yahoo.com. Think that's the link. There are also other groups that are tailored to specific surguries like duadinal switch, sleeve, lap, RNY, etc.

MeetUp.com - good source of all types of local groups in your area - just put in your zipcode. Good place to find ways to be active. Also pretty cheap to set up a group and create a webpage.

Another thing I do - even if a group/page is dead I always look into their files section. You'll find some really great articles , charts, info on iron and other specific problems, etc. Just a thought.
Hope this helps,
Deb

Back