• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

brand new hi i am jazzy

Hello all, just wanted to check-in. I am so happy to find some support. I have a lot of questions. Can I drink my Naked Juice.....? I am so tired of just protein drinks.

Jazzminw-I'm not familiar with Naked juice, are you referring to plain fruit juice or is this another type of product? Read the nutrition label to see how much sugar, carbs and fat there are. You should have been given dietary guidelines in your nutrition class before surgery. Compare the nutrition values of the juice against the guidelines you were given to see if they fall within the requirements. You can also call your nutritionist and ask if you can have it.

You should also read the ingredient list to make sure there is nothing there that you shouldn't be having at this phase of your meal plan. Some foods can be very irritating to your digestive system if eaten too early and can cause you to have nausea and / or vomiting or dumping syndrome. If in doubt just don't drink it. It's best to stick with your prescribed food plan to assure you heal properly and get the necessary nutrition you need to get healthy.

Hi Jazzy i am 10 weeks out and i drink the Naked Drinks mabey once a week it has alot of calories 440 i think .. my pa told me not to drink them all the time as its got lots of sugar but i at this point havent dumped yet so its yummy if i drink one i still drink another protein after but for a treat try it it cant hurt..

Hi Jazzy,
I was told sugars shold stay in the single digits per serving, so if its not I would nt drink them. Sandra

Hi Jazzy, I'm not familiar with Naked Drinks, but I agree with some of the others, you really need to watch the sugar and carb intake. I was told under 8 grams of sugar, they really prefer under 5 though.

I loved Naked juice, they are way too high in sugar. As much as I love them & would die for some of the mango stuff I don't dare knowing how sick it could & will possibly make me. Plus the calories are too high & there's little or no protein -- just my opinion.

HI Jazzy,
Welcome
Naked Juice? Now that's a new one for me. What I was instructed was to drink anything which is sugar free (5 to 10 calories). Protein drinks with no sugar and very low in carbs with about 30 grams of protein. That is it. Tired of Protein drinks, OH YES I CAN RELATE. But that is the only way I can get my protein in every day.
Good luck to you
Oh have you tried NECTAR ? It has 23 grams of protein in one scoop. I can tolerate Nectar better than the creamy protein drinks. It tastes refreshing and it comes in many, many fruity flavors. Go to Bariatric Advantage web site . I also found it at Vitamin World. I am not sure they carry all the flavors though. And if you call Bariatric Advantage they might be able to send you a free sample. I like the Pink Grapefruit the best but I haven't tried many flavors.
Natalie

Unjury.com has great tasting high quality protein powders. The strawberry sorbet is made to mix with water and is very light tasting. I have used their chocolate and vanilla with water and ice blended into a smoothie and they are good that way, sort of like a Wendy's frosty only healthy :) :) :)

Back