• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

burping

mamanancy

i am 5 days in and finding that i burp alot. the real problem is that it hurts coming up. is this normal and when will it go away?

:(

Hi Mama Nancy,

I burped a lot during my first few days post op, but it never hurt, other than the gas in the shoulder. If the pain is from your stomach, I would call your surgeon or one of his PA's and ask.

Mamanancy-Welcome to the forum. The burping is normal but the pain is not. Please contact your surgeon to discuss this.

My doctor tells me to expect that after the surgery as it is due to the air they have to pump in to do the surgery.

it's just like a colonoscope the only time it's ok to burp and fart, let's face it all of it need's to come out,and u really never felt so good as when u do it. so anymore i will appoligize for any bodily function's that way i don't have to keep saying excuse me.:p

Hi nancy,
I'm one week out today. I had hard burps with pressure. They were uncomfortable but not pain. I thought it was because they fixed my hiatal hernia. It has definitely slowed down.

I hope your feeling better too!

Back